Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 10:39 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Farming Gear Solo - Location Recommendations

Hi All,

I'm in ALS (meaning I can't buy from non-guild members) , and currently level 37 with pretty abysmal gear (obviously). I farmed myself a burnai set back in the teens, but I'm in a pretty dire need of upgrades. Is there any place where i could solo some new gear (earrings, rings, shield, armor pieces)?

Thanks in advance!

-Kal
Old 02-19-2019, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

http://wiki.project1999.com/Shaman#Pre-Planar

Use the wiki, see which of those items you can camp. Totemic helm is a good place to begin if you rolled non-iksar.

50+ go on kael raids for thurgadin chain or buy the chain armor MQ from guildies. Alternatively make Arctic Wyvern if you are a tailor, probably crazy expensive though to get your skill up
Old 02-19-2019, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

ALS can buy/sell with each other right? Check out the Treasure-Hunting Guide (link in my signature) for lots of ideas of places you can farm loot (to make plat to buy gear).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-19-2019, 01:06 PM
Kobold

"Totemic helm is a good place to begin if you rolled non-iksar."

Camping the bear for this helm is really bad advice. Really long spawn with big variance, in a really dull cave. Can spend your time on much better endeavours.

At your level, i'd probably farm the Highkeep guards for swords (5pp a pop) while exping, then buy stuff from guildies.
Old 02-19-2019, 01:19 PM
Fire Giant

Ebon War Spear, Gatorscale Leggings, Bloodstained Tunic, Charred Guardian Shield, Chipped Bone Bracelets, Glowing Bone Collar, Splitpaw Gloves should all be doable in a duo or solo around that level.

You could farm halfling guards that drop 11p worth of vendor stuff per kill to buy some jewelry off your guildies. Or farm fine steel in Paw/Sol A

If you're an ogre you can get the Forager Bag for a 10 slot 50% WR with no help, if you're any other race you'll need someone to trigger the frog and wait for him to path to zoneline. Killing the troll slayer hurts your basher faction
Old 02-19-2019, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Totemic helm is a good place to begin if you rolled non-iksar."

Camping the bear for this helm is really bad advice. Really long spawn with big variance, in a really dull cave. Can spend your time on much better endeavours.

At your level, i'd probably farm the Highkeep guards for swords (5pp a pop) while exping, then buy stuff from guildies.
OP is in ALS, you think he really cares about long spawns and taking time to farm stuff? That's the whole idea isn't it? To earn everything yourself? Hell, even if I'm buying stuff from guildies, still not the same satisfaction depending on how much of a purist he is. Helm is great for a noob with the AC & wisdom.

This was a post about items he can farm, not just ways he can make money to buy from guildies.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:55 PM
Sarnak

Ivandyr's hoop is a good questable earring if you've collected some cash.
Charred Guardian Shield might be worth looking to - off a level 30 in Sol A.
Some pieces of sentry armor would probably be a big upgrade as well. Though if severely undergeared, you might need to bring a friend to help you farm it.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Sentry_Armor
Old 02-20-2019, 09:44 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Had a WIS3 bracer drop off an evil eye in East Karana the other day.
Old 02-20-2019, 12:55 PM
Sarnak

Depends what class you are, but ancient crocodile in upper guk should be good and doable for you. Drops some nice +wis legs you will use for a long time.

Evil eye loot tables are supposed to be better now so thats an option.

If you got a few hundred plat you can start jewelry crafting, it isnt hard to get up to the point to make 45 hp rings and starting making/selling basic stat gear if you can find a friendly enchanter when youre ready to try making the enchanted stuff.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbstractVision [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Depends what class you are
This is pretty key. Somehow the first reply assumed OP was a Shaman, but OP never actually said that. And if they are a Shaman, all this Wisdom gear is poor advice: Shaman need HP/Stamina more than they need Mana/Wisdom (which isn't to say Wisdom is bad for them, just less useful than for say a Cleric or Druid).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread