Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 12:31 PM
Banned

veRant clearlY didn’t anticipate the 2010s eRa neCk eArd intenuiTy
Old 10-22-2019, 12:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snort|eS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
veRant clearlY didn’t anticipate the 2010s eRa neCk eArd intenuiTy
/friend Chortle
Old 10-22-2019, 04:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokojin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
does nobody remember this
Nobody here ever remembers the arbitrary (though perfectly justified) changes the devs make to this game.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:29 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP is mad and bad at everquest.
He recently lost out on his soulfire so he comes to the forums and makes a thread about how 'unfair' it is.

Yeah because your considered bad when the 1 item you need is camped 24/7 by high end raiders and their friends. So so bad.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

SoulFire is classic to be clicked by all classes however I’d tend to agree it is Ivandyr’s adjacent due to how much it trivializes the classic raid experience.

An interesting point to investigate is faction caps. Due to Innate racial, class and diety faction adjustments, there are certain faction tiers that you can never achieve. For example a Tunare Half Elf druid who maxes crusader faction in Cabilis ends at like Apprehensively and can’t go any higher.

I’m curious if many evil class/race/diety combinations run into a similar issue with Priest of Life making the quest an impossibility for them. Perhaps I will investigate this on Live later this evening to see if that’s the case.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

Interesting consideration Dald. From what I have seen the good people tend to hate the bad people a lot less than the bad people hate the good people. In EQ and real life.

Meaning a bad guy can get Ally with good but as you mentioned the druid can't get past apprehensively.

Wondering if cab is the exception here though.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

Tested three combinations on live real quick

Innoruuk, Dark Elf, Necromancer - 5k bone chips got me to Ally
Cazic Thule, Iksar, Monk - 5k bone chips got me to Warmly
Cazic Thule, Iksar, Shadow Knight - 5k bone chips got me to Warmly

All 3 characters reached "You cannot get better Priest of Life" after the 4000th bone chip (2000 turnins) and even at max faction the Iksars couldn't exceed past Warmly. I am not sure if they are high enough in warmly to do SoulFire or not though.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seeing a soulfire or fiery avenger in game was a special event for most people in EQ

Especially when you couldn't link. You would say "do you mind if I inspect your equipment sir" and if they said yes you would be stoked to see the flaming swords name and other gear on that awesome dude.

Good times.
This gave me the feels. My main on live was a paladin and seeing top tier paladins sporting the avenger was just....... just super neat.

/agrees with op
Old 10-22-2019, 09:19 PM
Fire Giant

I would 100% approve of this change. SoulFire clicky should be PALLY ONLY as intended!
Old 10-22-2019, 09:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would 100% approve of this change. SoulFire clicky should be PALLY ONLY as intended!
This discussion of class-only usable clickie items opens up an interesting box though. It would mean that necromancers, shaman, shadowknights & enchanters should all be denied the use of Reclaim Energy from the Magician pet focus items. It's of course classic that the other classes can make use of them even if they can't be equipped, but you see my point.

I guess the key issue is one of "how much does it trivialize raiding?" for an item in question. But it's not far off to see that some might view the difficulty in drawing a line at one spot instead of another.
Closed Thread