Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 03:31 PM
Banned

Default Making alts with zero twinking. join me!

i've been wanting to do this forever. I think it's because i never got to play on a fresh, brand new EQ server. I've never been close to day 1 or playing for expansions. I always wanted to do it, i enjoyed leveling here as a noob but then by lvl 4 someone hands you a 12/24 weapon and you just can't refuse

so here i am now, i started a dwarf warrior thats lvl 5 now and im doing 0 twinking. Fun as hell so far, pst me in game on Shydagger if you wanna join up, i think if i get some people we'll make it a leveling guild. We will be sure to hit up all the random camps and obscure dungeons. We'll dungeon crawl level appropriate stuff for epic rewards. I think itll be alotta fun
Old 10-28-2014, 03:32 PM
Banned

I tried this once a year ago, i did an iksar warrior but i gave him a fine steel weapon. It didn't work out, once you give your toon anything its only a matter of time. Join up with me and do random noobie quests! No rush to hit 60, lets see parts of the game you never did
Old 10-28-2014, 03:38 PM
Kobold

I like it!

I may give this a try and shoot you a tell later. May go Barbarian Shaman like the first toon I rolled up in EQ (Live). Good times!
Old 10-28-2014, 03:40 PM
Banned

Barbarian shaman would be awesome
Old 10-28-2014, 03:42 PM
Banned

places i want to hit before i leave faydwer
-bbm chessboard
-random bbm goblin camps
- steamfont minotaurs
- crushbone throne room
- nybright sisters
- gypsies? or bandits? in gfay
Old 10-28-2014, 04:39 PM
Kobold

I have 4 characters in their low 20's and have not twinked a single one. All four different starting areas too. I just do the quest and save all the sellable stuff (silk, pelts, etc) to players. I love the newbie part of the game up until the 20's. Don't have to worry about camps & raids disputes.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:39 PM
Fire Giant

I made a shammy to do the same thing. No twinking at all. Then around level 12 I decided to skill up blackmithing to make banded for myself and make money. Then I bought a backpack of sheet metal to give my shammy..that's all the twinking I'll do I said..
Then I hit ~16 and just gave him a GFG, fbss, iksar bp and called it a day.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:10 PM
Sarnak

Let me know if you are still needing people to do this. I could be interested.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velerin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I made a shammy to do the same thing. No twinking at all. Then around level 12 I decided to skill up blackmithing to make banded for myself and make money. Then I bought a backpack of sheet metal to give my shammy..that's all the twinking I'll do I said..
Then I hit ~16 and just gave him a GFG, fbss, iksar bp and called it a day.
making banded armor isnt twinking,especially if you crafted it yourself. I wanna do that and go camped some nameds for some small upgrades. Make it interesting.

and yes we need more. we always need more. im on Shydagger now my lvl 5 war doing some akkanon, bbm quests
Old 10-29-2014, 08:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susvain2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
making banded armor isn't twinking,especially if you crafted it yourself. I wanna do that and go camped some nameds for some small upgrades. Make it interesting.
Very true I believe also. Anything you craft or loot solo or win a roll in a group I think is fine.

My son and I tried doing that a year or so ago and we just gave up doing it in about a month. Having a Tank even with a Fine Steel weapon pretty much sucks compared to a Twink weapon. It got old fast dying a lot. But I still have itch once in awhile to do a solo class that way. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread