Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2019, 03:57 PM
Sarnak

OP is probably the dumbest person to ever post on these forums. Could you imagine having such an insane thought process like he has? There is no way he is a functional member of society.
Old 11-05-2019, 04:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really think people overstate others resistance to rerolling every five or so years.

Starting fresh is fun, I'll never understand peoples aversion to it.

I hope Green 2 has the old stone UI.
I'm with xer^
Old 11-05-2019, 05:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELance [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is the ultimate gameplan for Project '99?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg This Ain't Rocket Science.jpg (83.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-05-2019, 06:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Speaking of short-term and long-term ... the "Blue is dead" folks in this thread are thinking incredibly short-term.

Blue is NOT dead. It's not even on life support. It's simply having a great vacation period, and during that period it's easier than it ever has been to find that rare mob you've always wanted. Think of it like that, and enjoy this brief vacation while it lasts, because ...

... the server is absolutely not going anywhere! As time goes on, a very significant percentage of the Bluebies currently playing on Green will absolutely go back to playing their Blue characters. Heck, at some point (and this might be six months or six years) the staff will add custom content, and I can guarantee the server will experience a resurgence then (if not long before).

If you think otherwise, you're just being ... well ... short-sighted.
Loramin and Raddok out here making the case for Barb Shamanism.

If I haven’t told you directly before, I appreciate what you do for the p99 community. I use your resources on a nigh-daily basis. Thanks for that!

[Oracle] [Grave Lord] [Outrider]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris View Post
You also don't have to play here if you don't like the rules. It's your choice <3
Old 11-05-2019, 06:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhord99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I haven’t told you directly before, I appreciate what you do for the p99 community. I use your resources on a nigh-daily basis. Thanks for that!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifo76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same here. I have a couple of 60 toons on Blue and love playing them. I mostly play solo/duo, so the decrease in population doesn't bother me at all. Yes, the economy is less vibrant at the moment, but I can already see it slowly coming back compared to a week ago.

TRUE 2 BLUE! <3
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Is it though?

I agree blue isn't "dead", not even dying, but it has some time before recovery.
Old 11-06-2019, 01:15 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELance [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As far as I can see, with the release of green, Project '99 has gone from a stable, functioning server to a 3-4 year novelty ride. People seem to be living completely in the short-term now with no thought to the future.

I would think one of the founding principles of Project '99 would be that an MMORPG is a long term game. It is not something that is replaced by sequels or needs constant expansion packs. Yet that is in effect what has happened.

I have 4 characters on blue in the 30s and 40s that I have been playing off and on for years. I cannot play them any more, because blue is no longer a functional server.

I am a reasonable person. I am not averse to reasonable change. But the way I see it, I have no options. Even if I deleted and remade all 4 of my characters on green, I would only have 3 or 4 years before the same thing happened again. On top of that, I have no desire to remake my characters. The Everquest I enjoy is at level 30, level 40, level 50, etc. not at level 1.

I waited a few days before I joined green, but I could only stand to see 0 population Mistmoore so many times. I now have a level 11 character on green. But being my fifth, she is only my fifth favorite class, and one that I had withheld from till now. My effective experience in Everquest has worsened. I am replaying easier levels with a character I enjoy less with less variety of characters.

I was ready to play Project '99 as a game with a soft ending at level 50 or 60. I would then explore the world, learning the secrets that were hidden around it. I would make friends with other players and form alliances as necessary. Looking back at the history of Everquest, I see how naive I was. Ruins of Kunark was released within a year. There was never time to explore, learn, discover, use your imagination, and form close alliances. It was not that kind of game.

So I asked a question but answered it myself. I see now that commercial, online, graphical and massive can never be good. Even commercial and online is troublesome. Graphical is out of the question. I once idealized the early MMORPGs from '96-'99, but now it has hit me like a ton of bricks. Where are they now? They were not victims of a crisis that could have been averted. They were just temporal oddities.
You have a gift for creative writing. Do you have some sort of blog?
Old 11-06-2019, 02:11 PM
Sarnak

TRUE TO BLUE. I love blue and its community.
Old 11-06-2019, 02:52 PM
Kobold

then you are lost
Closed Thread