Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

View Poll Results: What race should my warrior be?
Barbarian 1 2.78%
Dark Elf 3 8.33%
Dwarf 0 0%
Gnome 8 22.22%
Half-Elf 2 5.56%
Halfling 2 5.56%
Human 4 11.11%
Iksar 7 19.44%
Ogre 2 5.56%
Troll 3 8.33%
Wood Elf 4 11.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2023, 06:52 PM
Banned

How's leveling been on your Human Warrior compared to the lev 45 rogue you had going earlier in the thread, eqravenprince?
Old 12-08-2023, 09:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How's leveling been on your Human Warrior compared to the lev 45 rogue you had going earlier in the thread, eqravenprince?
It’s been slightly easier, more HP and higher strength. I think at a certain point Warrior may get harder than Rogue especially lacking the 50% slow poison. I wonder how much higher AC and HP will make up for the lack of poison.
Old 12-08-2023, 11:04 PM
Planar Protector

Can you get one ssf exception and give yourself a truncheon of doom? lol
Old 12-09-2023, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

I think in the spirit of SSF picking the race should be part of the process.
Old 12-09-2023, 04:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For all intents and purposes I am finished (at least the SSF route). The writing is on the wall right now. I am killing a single level 35 mob every 16 min where I sometimes die or have to flee. I'm using Spine Break poison every fight and sometimes twice a fight which costs me 5-10pp a fight. Unless someone has a better mob for me to fight at level 45, I am finished. I just don't have the patience to only kill a mob 3 times an hour while losing at least 15-30pp. The other route I've tried is Level 30 mobs which still give exp, but it takes killing 7 to get 1% exp at level 45. I can keep up with 2 every 6 min 40 sec, so that's 2.4% exp per hour or 41 hours to level. Feel free to offer advice on what I could upgrade or a mob I could fight.

Finishing gear on my level 45 rogue
Primary - Jambiya
Secondary - Iksar Berserker Club
Earring - 2 x Sarnak Earring of Station
Ring - 2 x Scarab Ring
Neck - Spiked Collar, Collar of Undead Protection, Black Alloy Medallion
Face - Grotesque Alloy Mask
Head - Blackened Alloy Coif
Shoulders - Blackened Alloy Armplates, Rusty Spiked Shoulderpads
Chest - Blackened Alloy Mail
Feet - Blackened Alloy Boots, Traveler Boots
Legs - Blackened Alloy Legplates
Wrist - Blackened Alloy Bracers, Hero Bracers, Bracer of the Hidden
Hands - Sporali Gloves
Back - Supple Black Cloak
Waist - Blackened Alloy Waistband
The big boost would be if you can kill the shardwing courier, which would allow you to turn in for a frozen shard. You would have to bow kite him however, and I'm not sure if you can do that with just travelers boots without being able to snare. Once you're high enough to land snare poison on him you should definitely be able to do it, however.

As for an exp mob, I would look at doing the giants in the great divide. You pull them over to the coldain and run them into one dwarf at a time until very low on life, then bow kite to death. A bit tedious, but solid blue kills.
Old 12-10-2023, 09:53 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For all intents and purposes I am finished (at least the SSF route). The writing is on the wall right now. I am killing a single level 35 mob every 16 min where I sometimes die or have to flee. I'm using Spine Break poison every fight and sometimes twice a fight which costs me 5-10pp a fight. Unless someone has a better mob for me to fight at level 45, I am finished. I just don't have the patience to only kill a mob 3 times an hour while losing at least 15-30pp. The other route I've tried is Level 30 mobs which still give exp, but it takes killing 7 to get 1% exp at level 45. I can keep up with 2 every 6 min 40 sec, so that's 2.4% exp per hour or 41 hours to level. Feel free to offer advice on what I could upgrade or a mob I could fight.
That's what killed my SSF, I was lvl 22ish. And I could see this isn't hard, it's just massively time consuming more then anything. And knowing that higher levels would be even worse, and the thought of the 50's. I understand the enjoyment some get out of it, but I could be using that time for other things.
Old 12-15-2023, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Got Blacksmithing up to 115, got a few pieces of banded. Shouldn't take long to finish up banded set. Bought a Combine Scimitar in southern ro and looted a Gnoll Hide Lariat for magic weapons. Shortly after my first magic weapon, I got a Greater Lightstone. Moving along nicely. Stretch from 20-43 is pretty straight forward and relatively easy. 44 it becomes a challenge again and more or less where I hit the wall with my Rogue.

Level 16-17 in Befallen/Southern Ro
Level 18-19 in Blackburrow
Level 20 in Permafrost
Old 12-15-2023, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Finishing gear on my level 45 rogue
Primary - Jambiya
Secondary - Iksar Berserker Club
Earring - 2 x Sarnak Earring of Station
Ring - 2 x Scarab Ring
Neck - Spiked Collar, Collar of Undead Protection, Black Alloy Medallion
Face - Grotesque Alloy Mask
Head - Blackened Alloy Coif
Shoulders - Blackened Alloy Armplates, Rusty Spiked Shoulderpads
Chest - Blackened Alloy Mail
Feet - Blackened Alloy Boots, Traveler Boots
Legs - Blackened Alloy Legplates
Wrist - Blackened Alloy Bracers, Hero Bracers, Bracer of the Hidden
Hands - Sporali Gloves
Back - Supple Black Cloak
Waist - Blackened Alloy Waistband
You could prob do sola gnomes until 47/48ish on your rogue. A lot will green out, but you have the zem to help offset that. From there I would do bloodgills in LOIO. They hit hard but have super low hp, and you occasionally get the harpoon of the deaths to sell. I'd save the poison for the lvl 38/39 ones(youll know this when you get a 96 hit). This will take you to like 52ish.
Old 12-22-2023, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quick update on progress, almost level 24 now. Happy Holidays to everyone, see you guys in game!

Levels 1-8 - East Freeport/Northern Ro
Level 9-15 - Blackburrow/Qeynos Hills/Qeynos Aquaducts
Level 16-17 - Befallen/Southern Ro
Level 18-19 - Blackburrow
Level 20 - Permafrost
Level 21-22 - Gorge of King Xorbb
Level 23-24 - Erud's Crossing
Old 12-26-2023, 04:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Level 21-22 - Gorge of King Xorbb
Thanks for the King Xorbb reminder, I've never been there so I took my level 20 SK and it's been pretty great. I'm curious, though, how you went about hunting in there? I was afraid of getting adds (especially the evil eyes), so I hung out by the entrance to EK and sniped pathers as they crossed by. But they weren't as frequent as I would have liked.