Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 02-02-2024, 09:11 PM
Skeleton

Default Good DKP Value Items for Warriors

Hi all,

Was curious if some fellow raiding warriors could lend some advice. I’ve stockpiled quite a bit of dkp and am looking to spend it on my wood elf warrior. Generally, I take the route of “save for best in slot so I only have to spend dkp once”, but it’s not so easy to do this with a warrior given how gear dependent they are to be effective. Can I please get some ideas on what I should be spending my dkp on? A couple notes:

- Right now, number one priority is green scale. I can’t imagine anyone would tell me different, but wanted to clarify that I don’t have epic and it’s number one on the list.

- I know that Vulak and doze loot would be BiS for a lot of stuff. What I’m looking for is more along the lines of “get a vindi bp, not AoW bp” or “spend your money on Fesh arms instead of trying to camp SWC”

Any advice you could share is greatly appreciated
Old 02-03-2024, 02:07 PM
Kobold

got a good 2hander? frostreaver basically free and i see twisted steel bastard swords go dirt cheap in tov often. not sure about gear outside that really, warrs pretty dkp intense. i think best bet would be to search wiki slot by slot for gear by ac/hp/resists and cross-reference with guild bid history if you have one. you can get lucky sometimes if nobody else is prioritizing gearing their warrior and you go for 2nd-3rd bis stuff
Old 02-04-2024, 08:30 PM
Planar Protector

Hammered golden loops from Chardok farmers (plat buy).

Ring ten if your guild does it or at least get up to 9 (roll for 8 til you win) its decent on its own then you're ready to go for a ring ten next. Djarn's ring.

Bile Etched Obsidian Choker if your guild does CT.

Circlet of Suffering from Telk.

Vindi BP.

Skyshrine arms aren't bad if you don't expect to get Fesh arms. SWC if you are rich or have time to join Urn network, but you might want that on wrists...for wrists the good old scout bracers are ok, Crystal Chitin is ok, Eashen bracer is decent. (Avoids expensive/difficult Doze wrists).

Heiro, CoF (probably your best bet if you need a haste item until you can get a 41% one), Iksar Cape, CT cloak of the fearsome.

Strength of the Elements, much easier than Doze shoulders.

Skyshrine gloves are actually quite nice.

Vindi boots.

Willsapper.

Eye of Narandi for range.

Legs are a tough one, not knowing what guild you're in for Dagarn/Koi chances, probably just go for those if you ever have a chance no matter your budget. Belt also tough, the 41% belt on Dagarn is nice to go for if its a possibility for you.
Last edited by Fammaden; 02-04-2024 at 08:37 PM..
Old 02-05-2024, 08:59 AM
Fire Giant

Depends on your guild ofcourse.
If you do VP the vp agro weapons are great until you can get a scale/willsapper/trident

Really just depends on your access to stuff. If your guild does alot of CT the cloak of the fearsome is great.
Old 02-05-2024, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Depends on your guild ofcourse.
If you do VP the vp agro weapons are great until you can get a scale/willsapper/trident

Really just depends on your access to stuff. If your guild does alot of CT the cloak of the fearsome is great.
In case anyone is browsing old threads in addition to this one - Feverblade Bane of the Shissar is no longer an aggro weapon.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-05-2024, 01:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In case anyone is browsing old threads in addition to this one - Feverblade Bane of the Shissar is no longer an aggro weapon.
Yeah that one and sword of the shissar are now junk.

Veridix and veldraks,skull crusher of kragg and maelstrom all still good ones.
Old 02-05-2024, 02:07 PM
Sarnak

Here it the route I went:

Greenscale
Yeli head (Gloves)
Vindi Boots
Cloak of fearsom (CT)
War Bow of RZ (Avatar)
Tunare Belt

My next target is CT neck (Bile Etched).

With consistant raiding i was able to get all the above in about a year. Definitly overspent on greenscale but it was 100% worth it and no one can tell me otherwise.

Items i spent time and money on during the above progress:
2x HGLs
Eyepatch of Plunder
Chokidai Hide Pauldrons
Helm of RZ (Could also DKP this but its rare-ish)
Old 02-06-2024, 08:44 PM
Planar Protector

The best dkp value I ever got between my warriors was my 2nd green dragon scales because I got it by being afk at king gragnar
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 02-07-2024, 05:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best dkp value I ever got between my warriors was my 2nd green dragon scales because I got it by being afk at king gragnar
Damn. Is this what EQ becomes?