Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 10-27-2017, 05:43 PM
Fire Giant

^
Old 04-21-2018, 01:56 AM
Kobold

Bump. Screwing the pet classes out of their ability to tank properly narrows the game down to too few viable classes in the endgame. Making fewer classes viable in the endgame is not more fun. It isn't classic. It isn't the right way forward.
Old 04-22-2018, 12:22 AM
Sarnak

Why is this taking so long
Old 04-22-2018, 12:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why is this taking so long
4 years is too long? you have no patience! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
60 Magician - Magicgnome Magicmike
60 Epic Druid - Druidog Godruid
60 Epic Enchanter - Brainfreeze
60 Epic Shaman - Shamikaze Suicideslower
56 Epic Cleric - Letsplay Everquest
56 Necro - Necromann Sir
52 Epic Rogue - Mickstabber
Old 05-23-2018, 04:11 PM
Fire Giant

^
60 Magician - Magicgnome Magicmike
60 Epic Druid - Druidog Godruid
60 Epic Enchanter - Brainfreeze
60 Epic Shaman - Shamikaze Suicideslower
56 Epic Cleric - Letsplay Everquest
56 Necro - Necromann Sir
52 Epic Rogue - Mickstabber
Old 10-12-2019, 10:13 AM
Sarnak

Any thought been given to revisiting classic pet aggro for green?
Old 10-12-2019, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Pets should be able to hold agro with PCs in melee range. Blows my mind that it's gone on this long without a fix. Fundamentally changes so many classes.
Old 10-12-2019, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pets should be able to hold agro with PCs in melee range. Blows my mind that it's gone on this long without a fix. Fundamentally changes so many classes.
They can in the right circumstances. Just a couple days ago the wife and I were dorking around on some low level characters and I noticed that a Necromancer pet could and often did hold aggro over Shaman melee. You might argue they should be better at it, but they can do it at least in terms of having the raw capability.

Danth
Old 10-12-2019, 01:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They can in the right circumstances. Just a couple days ago the wife and I were dorking around on some low level characters and I noticed that a Necromancer pet could and often did hold aggro over Shaman melee. You might argue they should be better at it, but they can do it at least in terms of having the raw capability.

Danth
On my SK and mage, I have noticed just walking into melee range causes mob to focus me. I assumed the behavior currently on blue was that it was not possible to a target a pet when a player was in melee range. I actually use this to save my pet at low levels. Even if I have not attacked, and the pet has been taunting and dpsing 50%+ of the mobs hp, I can take aggro by walking up
Old 10-12-2019, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On my SK and mage, I have noticed just walking into melee range causes mob to focus me. I assumed the behavior currently on blue was that it was not possible to a target a pet when a player was in melee range. I actually use this to save my pet at low levels. Even if I have not attacked, and the pet has been taunting and dpsing 50%+ of the mobs hp, I can take aggro by walking up
Could be just Necromancer/skeleton pets perhaps? I was under the impression on P99 that monsters would always favor a player character in melee range over a pet as well so I was surprised to see it happen at all, but it happened numerous times and once I got used to it I was able to control it to come extent. Given I was on a Shaman, any proper melee class would presumably out-aggro the pet easily.

Danth