Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2019, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not only pets, but for necro you have Call of Bones at 34 which is HUGE, and then DMF at 44 and Lich at 49. The research problem is easily the biggest drawback to rolling mage or necro to start IMO. Maybe it won't be that bad but research can be a major pain in the ass and I think people used to blue don't realize how trivial getting their spells has been prior to this.

And now research components might not stack right away? Oof!
DMf won't exist for a long time. The lich spells aren't nearly as useful beyond your normal regeneration rate because necro lifetaps aren't very mana efficient for most of 1-50. Bond of death, the first really efficient tap, also doesn't show up for awhile.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Ok, I thought DMF was an original spell, is that Kunark or just a later patch?

And maybe true on lich but call of bones is incredibly strong and I'm not sure how common it will be due to research. And then as you said there are the pets of course.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Dead Man Walking was an original spell but it was Lich.

They later moved DMW to Lich at 49 and added DMF.

You can check the EQLizer necro spells page from May 1999 for a list of classic spells.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:34 PM
VIP / Contributor

Can confirm pets killed themselves at a rate of (Formula 100: -4/tick):

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Burnout line was additionally using the permanent buff duration formula (50) as shown in the screenshot

Also Burnout didn't used to give haste, it only gave AC/STR.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Last edited by Secrets; 10-11-2019 at 08:38 PM..
Old 10-11-2019, 10:58 PM
Orc

Pet windows will not be on Green so i hope ppl are ready to actually use pet commands or target their pets to see what their health is at
Old 10-11-2019, 11:58 PM
Fire Giant

Going with the topic about re: nerfing mages, everyone refresh my memory:

Right now everyone, including casters, are not getting their melee weapon swing delay reset at the completion of a spell cast. Everyone is in effecting getting free swings in when they should not. This was a specific and unique benefit to hybrids (only) sometime after launch right? Is this on the radar of things to fix?
Old 10-12-2019, 09:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Going with the topic about re: nerfing mages, everyone refresh my memory:

Right now everyone, including casters, are not getting their melee weapon swing delay reset at the completion of a spell cast. Everyone is in effecting getting free swings in when they should not. This was a specific and unique benefit to hybrids (only) sometime after launch right? Is this on the radar of things to fix?
Have any contemporary evidence of this? should probably make your own thread instead of piggybacking off a completely unrelated one.

I certainly don't recall this being a special feature of hybrids, nor the feature being added. More likely than not, spell casting hybrids just thought more about having to cast between swings so optimizing that mechanic was a more prominent feature of effectively playing them.
Old 10-12-2019, 10:20 AM
Sarnak

Cannot find proof of mages not having access to at least one pet at all levels.

This post july 1999 clearly states that most cities have for sale at least 1 per of each circle/level.
Quote:
> 2) I know the level 20 elemental spells can be bought in OOT, but can they be bought in Felwithe as well? I have heard of some Mage Spells NPC but never found her... am I mistaken about her?

There is at least one pet for each circle that can be bought in most
towns. If I remember correctly, Earth was a research pet at level 20.
I bought mine off of that special vendor in OOT though, who has all of
them up *to* level 20. If you don't want to go there, just research it.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!se...s/kIBVeUq0xxwJ

Further researching has shown me that pets still retained their innate abilities at launch such as invis/DS/fast regen on water. They just didn't cast their 6 second nukes which they get 2 months after launch. The 6 second nukes are still broken on p99 by the way and cast less frequently, don't expect to see the devs code a change for 2 months when we have been waiting for them to fix classic pet nukes and aggro for 5 years.
Old 10-12-2019, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

I'll return to the issue of research-only mage pets soon.

I'm not interested, and I doubt the staff are interested, in implementing completely broken mechanics like the broken research recipes for ~lvl20 mage spells that I found direct evidence for. But there's very good evidence, and patch/dev comment evidence, for research materials being much rarer (like 300% rarer) at launch than they are now, if nothing else.
Last edited by Dolalin; 10-12-2019 at 10:30 AM..
Old 10-12-2019, 10:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbstractVision [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cannot find proof of mages not having access to at least one pet at all levels.

This post july 1999 clearly states that most cities have for sale at least 1 per of each circle/level.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!se...s/kIBVeUq0xxwJ

Further researching has shown me that pets still retained their innate abilities at launch such as invis/DS/fast regen on water. They just didn't cast their 6 second nukes which they get 2 months after launch. The 6 second nukes are still broken on p99 by the way and cast less frequently, don't expect to see the devs code a change for 2 months when we have been waiting for them to fix classic pet nukes and aggro for 5 years.
If you look someone already posted proof that there were no pets past level 24.

Your post confirms pets at level 20, which is what he also said.
Closed Thread