Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2019, 11:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Consider Shaman:

+ very desirable in groups
+ solo powerhouse
+ fast travel
So I have a mid-level Shaman, and he is OK at soloing. Before 34 he was pretty meh at soloing. Granted I don't have insane gear, which you wouldn't on Green anyway.

I'm under the impression Shamans are only great soloers with either:
A) Good gear (expensive / non-existent on Green)
B) Torpor

What say ye shamans of Norrath?
Old 10-12-2019, 01:19 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Consider Shaman:

+ very desirable in groups
+ solo powerhouse
+ fast travel

- group play repetitive
- gear dependent
- soloing ability develops late

Like all healers/buffers, in group you will sit most of the time, although casting your slow will give you some periodic action. You need good gear to solo well cause you will need your AC/HP and mana pool. Also, soloing is very tough without your pet. Still, at higher levels you can own anything. Also, dog is best pet in game because it's a dog.
I actually have been tempted to go with shaman but they always seemed like they might be somewhat complicated, so many buffs and slows and debuffs and whatnot. Plus draining your own health is kinda scary to me. Guess I will have to give it some more thought but i suppose I will mostly likely be sticking with druid. However, I dont remember shamans soloing like...at all, I had no idea they were able to.

I kinda always assumed every class was able to do it better than I was though. My pally couldnt kill anything....maybe rogue would be worse I guess
Last edited by choc555; 10-12-2019 at 01:35 AM..
Old 10-12-2019, 01:39 AM
Fire Giant

Play on blue, but keep in mind that it’s just a dry run for the real game that launches October 25th.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 10-12-2019, 09:32 AM
Fire Giant

So I have a level 18 shaman on red and was soloing last night. In totemic armor and good dropable classic and kunark era gear (no fungi. just stuff like howling harpoon, and mid tier drops from sebilis and what not). So basically very well geared for "classic".

It took my entire manabar to solo a aviak guard (level 18-19ish mobs) and sometimes I still had to run to the zoneline.

The xp was slooooow. Shaman will (better for their own good) be a grouping class on Green! Even with the pet at 34 to make up for the abysmal gear a green shaman will be wearing, it will be sloooow.
Old 10-12-2019, 09:35 AM
Fire Giant

Or maybe people on green won't be trying to solo mobs that are equal or higher level than they are...?
Old 10-12-2019, 09:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graventhel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Play a druid on Green. You can heal, buff, and solo.
And Teleport. Don't forget teleports!

$$$.

*edit* - oh, and you can charm animals later too. It's a nice soloing option outside of root rotting.
Old 10-12-2019, 10:29 AM
Sarnak

I've never known anyone who was unhappy with their druid.

Charming and quad kiting are legit.

Keep in mind if you level him on his own separate account you could have a real life friend or family member play your future alts and you can power level them with the druid.

Port money is nice too when you only have an hour to log on and you want to do something.
Old 10-12-2019, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I have a mid-level Shaman, and he is OK at soloing. Before 34 he was pretty meh at soloing. Granted I don't have insane gear, which you wouldn't on Green anyway.

I'm under the impression Shamans are only great soloers with either:
A) Good gear (expensive / non-existent on Green)
B) Torpor

What say ye shamans of Norrath?
I wouldn't say they are efficient soloers or farmers. Like if you're looking for exp or plat that's probably not the way to go. But because of their versatile toolbox, they are very good at killing that one thing they need to kill.
Old 10-12-2019, 05:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I wouldn't say they are efficient soloers or farmers. Like if you're looking for exp or plat that's probably not the way to go. But because of their versatile toolbox, they are very good at killing that one thing they need to kill.
So calling the class a "solo powerhouse" might be a bit misleading, especially for new players, who have 0 understanding of that nuance.
Closed Thread