Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 04:41 PM
Sarnak

I'm fine with people using Gina. Not that much different from the log parser I used back in the day. The UI is much prettier though.

Not gonna say your opinion is wrong Izmael, but I think you're in the minority on this one.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:41 PM
Fire Giant

Pfft. Cable and ISDN were not that rare in 1999 (I didn't mention DSL because I forget when it became a popular competitor). That is about when they were becoming more mainstream and affordable. It's not like there wasn't coax (and CAT3 for ISDN) running into 90% of buildings.

Of course there were plenty of folks on dialup since this still was a period of technology transition, but let's not pretend like it was 1990.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:44 PM
Kobold

I love that when people disagree with a change they take it to the absolute extreme via things like resolution and internet speed to try and make it sound dumb.

Is there a name for that kind of argument?
Old 10-16-2019, 04:45 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pfft. Cable and ISDN were not that rare in 1999 (I didn't mention DSL because I forget when it became a popular competitor). That is about when they were becoming more mainstream and affordable. It's not like there wasn't coax (and CAT3 for ISDN) running into 90% of buildings.

Of course there were plenty of folks on dialup since this still was a period of technology transition, but let's not pretend like it was 1990.
Found out who was living in San Francisco in 1999.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashenden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's called a debate. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:48 PM
Fire Giant

As far as GINA, I guess I don't care. It doesn't affect anyone else as far as I can tell. Baler's egg timer is certainly more classic, but it accomplishes the same thing--you'd just need more egg timers, labels, and hand speed. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-16-2019, 04:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagami [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Found out who was living in San Francisco in 1999.
No, but you got the correct state, so touche.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:53 PM
Kobold

I'd say the prevalence of GINA has an effect on the entire server. I doubt people in Velious had visual countdown bars for every cast of CH while they were (trying not to explode their computer) fighting Avatar of War.

Bring back Sirken's quest to kill GINA.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:55 PM
Sarnak

What makes GINA different from the old log parsers is that it overlays essentially augmenting P99. When you can cast mez on six different targets and different times throughout the fight and know when each one of those is going to break down to the exact second, yes thats an unfair advantage.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashenden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love that when people disagree with a change they take it to the absolute extreme via things like resolution and internet speed to try and make it sound dumb.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum
is the closest I can think of.
Closed Thread