Banned

diablo 2
starcraft
warcraft 3
red alert

day 1 purchaSes
Old 10-25-2019, 12:41 AM
Planar Protector

I've been mostly amped for MMOs over the years. UO, EQ, AO, SWG, DaoC, WoW. After that I really haven't cared about other MMOs much. I still mostly play what many would call "retro games" when I don't play MMOs and remasters do nothing for me.
Old 10-25-2019, 01:01 AM
Sarnak

Zelda: Ocarina of Time and GTA3
Old 10-25-2019, 01:07 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomishfirework [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red Server.

Every mmo post eq (and all were mostly a let down).

Evolve (super let down on that, turned me off $60 triple aaa titles).

Mount and Blade 2 (not yet out).
100% Agree! I cannot wait for Mount and Blade 2!!! I'm so hyped for that game, I'm constantly trolling youtube for any gameplays I can find lol
Old 10-25-2019, 01:12 AM
Aviak

Only ever really got super hyped and did pregaming with MMORPGs. Shadowbane and Darkfall Online were two of the ones I went the hardest on. Both were kind of shit, but Darkfall was so bad that I learned my lesson and never got my hopes up for an MMO again. I did make the mistake of backing Crowfall recently though.
Old 10-25-2019, 01:13 AM
Orc

@ghostcow - Yea I finally learned my lesson with Everquest Next
Old 10-25-2019, 02:36 AM
Kobold

Halo 2, Elder scrolls: oblivion and skyrim, and eq2 which was one of the worst investments I've ever made.
Old 10-25-2019, 02:39 AM
Sarnak

Fallout 3 was by far the most excited I've ever been for a release.
Morrowind was a close second.
Then Pokemon Yellow as a third.
Fallout 76 doesn't deserve an honorable mention but I'll give it to anyways.
Old 10-25-2019, 03:20 AM
Aviak

Past:
Final Fantasy IX (let down)
Project Copernicus (scrapped)
EverQuest Next (scrapped)

Future:
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen
Old 10-25-2019, 03:25 AM
Planar Protector

It's lost to the sands of time, buried by more relevant results.

Everyone remembers Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning?

Well that was not the first Warhammer MMO under development.

There was an earlier project, funded by Games Workshop, also under the working title of 'Warhammer Online'. It never released.

The developers snorted up the funds, demanding more and more. They made some really beautiful renderings, encouraging Games Workshop to string them along. Creepy, winding Tudor style streets, underlain by a maze of sewers permeated by evil Skaven - rats that had gnawed on magical, mutagenic warpstone. There was never any actual content put forward. No mechanics.

Eventually Games Workshop bailed.

It is this experience which has made me distant when it comes to developments. All sorts of interesting games -EQ Nexts, Pantheons, Vanguards - being strung along to various stages of development, or even released massively incomplete, only to be eventually pulled.

Honestly, I didn't play many other MMORPGs as I couldn't garner interest in them (I did play various iterations of SWG and played CoH/CoV - we are blessed how long p1999 has ran).

Early Access - it can be fun! Getting to find bugs and get them cleared out before the public release. That's what I thought about the Mordheim computer game.

Me and my friend, were big fans of the tabletop version of Mordheim and were excited to be able to play remotely via a computer game and bought straight into early access.

We were hanging out at one or the other's house (I can't remember whose) and messed around in single player, getting a feel for the game and establishing our warbands until we were comfortable enough to play multiplayer.

In the multiplayer we were looking at each others screens and were alarmed. Completely different things were being shown on each screen. Different damages being done to the same guy in each instance. Eventually one of the guys was killed in one client, but was still alive in the other client. The game was becoming massively desynced, and we would never have known if we weren't sat next to each other.

We submitted our findings, waited for something to be done about it. Never did anything official seem to come out. A couple of times we'd visit each other, load up the game and try it again, and desync would again be an issue. Sometimes the desync would become a hang.

I gave up on it and didn't play multiplayer again, rarely playing single player because my enthusiasm for the game had been murdered.

I can't remember a game I've been psyched for that hasn't been a disappointment tbh.
Closed Thread