Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 06:07 AM
Orc

Back in the day, on EQ live, there did used to be some individuals who started running server open raids, advertising in public channels for days beforehand to build up interest. I remember signing up and attending such raids. They tended to be attended by higher level players from smaller guilds and guildless folks alike. They were generally not against the most current content, and usually only lasted 2-3 hours. They could sometimes be chaotic, but sometimes be fun, usually depending on the leader(s).

There were also a couple of "semi-open raid alliances" which had a listed set of regulars, run like a casual raidforce. There were usually a couple of smaller guilds whos members would all be defacto members of that raid alliance, but folks in other (usually non-raiding) guilds could ask to be added to the roster, and some unguilded people also joined it. Every raidmember would be treated the same, regardless of tag, if they were accepted as a raidforce member. These raid alliance raids were usually a bit better organized than true open raids, as they had a core of the same people each week. They were basically for folks who wanted their own very casual guild families (which didn't focus on or have the size for raiding) but who still wanted to be part of a casual but larger grouping for the occasional raids. Admittedly this concept worked far better in EQ2 than in the original EQ, especially on Antonia Bayle server where there were a lot of small RP guilds who had high levels who sometimes wanted to raid.

Whether these approaches would work on P99 is another question. Even on Green, the population is not that high. But mostly, it would need someone to actually want to do it, who had enough connections across the server to get the initial support needed. There would also need to be people who wanted to do it, all available and willing at the same time. The populations may not be sufficient to support that, I don't know.

Feanturil - 60 Monk <Castle>
Jennica - 60 Cleric <Castle>
Suzianna - 60 Magician <Castle>
Sinvaril - 59 Druid <Castle>
Findorae - 49 Paladin <Castle>
Old 09-01-2021, 11:03 AM
Banned

We used to have open raids but you know, "things happened" heh
Old 09-02-2021, 01:34 PM
Kobold

There used to be open monthly raids until Seal Team said fuck you guys and shit on everyone and ruined monthly open raids!
Old 09-02-2021, 03:06 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisbeAsos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There used to be open monthly raids until the GM's implemented bag limits as an alternative way for people to get free mobs
ftfy
Old 09-02-2021, 03:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisbeAsos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There used to be open monthly raids until Seal Team said fuck you guys and shit on everyone and ruined monthly open raids!
i love bag limits

i dont give a shit if its wellfare loot
Old 09-05-2021, 01:31 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

The Open Raids on Green before Kunark was released were great. I do wish they'd return.
Old 09-05-2021, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobby day [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ftfy
Found the neck beard who somehow after 20 years still gets salty and cares this much about raids they’ve done a million times
Old 09-05-2021, 05:22 PM
Kobold

Relive the magic http://openraids.kingdomdkp.com
Old 09-05-2021, 05:52 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
I believe they've given you people enough, maybe it's time to start actually earning it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
You are #1 most toxic.
Old 09-05-2021, 08:04 PM
Banned

I know my personal reason for being drawn to the biggest zerg guild on the server would be because they DON'T want all the loot
Closed Thread