Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2021, 07:53 PM
Orc

Question Erudin Guard Faction seems off

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So I recently earned my Fright Forged Helm.

In order to get Heretic faction up, I had to "spend" my Erudin faction. Prior to spending it, I maxxed out these factions after spending way too much time with Jyle Windshot and Emil Parsini. From my estimates each Wood Shard turn-in grants the following, which matches Allakhazam's data.
  • HighCouncilofErudin +3
  • MerchantsofErudin +5
  • HighGuardofErudin +3

900+ Turn-ins later, I was at max for all three factions.

After two test guard kills, I re-maxed faction with some additional Wood Shards. ( I actually ran out as I had just under 100 - couldn't max Guard faction again).
  • HighCouncilofErudin 30 turn-ins
  • MerchantsofErudin 90 turn-ins
  • HighGuardofErudin 125 turn-ins (calculated)

Wow. That means the per Erudin Guard kill factions hits are:
  • HighCouncilofErudin -45
  • MerchantsofErudin -225
  • HighGuardofErudin -375 (calculated based on /con at different points)

That seems excessive. But, with additional guard kills, I watched my Ally turn to Warmly, to Kindly, to Indifferent, to Apprehensive, to Dubious, to Threatening. In many cases the -375 hit jumped over smaller faction ranges.

I'm not expecting the Devs to confirm what is the set faction hits, but this seems disproportionate when compared to any other guard, much less any other normal-spawn NPC.

Should I bug this?
Old 09-02-2021, 08:12 PM
Orc

I've made a huge number of wooden shard turn-ins over the last two weeks on two characters, probably about 7000 in total, with the aim of getting access to Paineel without losing Erudin factions.

I found that repeatedly handing in 100 wooden shards and then killing one sentinel (guard) maintained the faction level. Looking here:

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...tml?faction=17

suggests on live that killing a guard would be a -300 faction hit, and if handing in one wooden shard gives +3, then that matches my observations.

Given this was how Allakhazam says it is (was?) on live, it's likely not a bug if it does the same on P99.

Feanturil - 60 Monk <Castle>
Jennica - 60 Cleric <Castle>
Suzianna - 60 Magician <Castle>
Sinvaril - 59 Druid <Castle>
Findorae - 49 Paladin <Castle>
Old 09-02-2021, 08:14 PM
Fire Giant

Really wish they'd just show faction hit numbers. There's so much discrepancy between factions on P99 and Live that it's hard to tell what's going on at times. I wouldn't have spent days killing eldritch collective gnomes in Lfay if I had known I was only getting +1 TheDead hits as opposed to the +10 it should have been.
Old 09-02-2021, 10:24 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've made a huge number of wooden shard turn-ins over the last two weeks on two characters, probably about 7000 in total, with the aim of getting access to Paineel without losing Erudin factions.

I found that repeatedly handing in 100 wooden shards and then killing one sentinel (guard) maintained the faction level. Looking here:

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...tml?faction=17

suggests on live that killing a guard would be a -300 faction hit, and if handing in one wooden shard gives +3, then that matches my observations.

Given this was how Allakhazam says it is (was?) on live, it's likely not a bug if it does the same on P99.
Yeah - those numbers look total legit.

I think we were both hanging in Jyle's room the other night - wondering where he stores the 1000s of lanterns...
Old 09-03-2021, 10:09 AM
Orc

After some more thought, these numbers seem classic then.

I'll update all of the Erudin guard descriptions with the values found here:

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=484

I'll also update the Wood Shards turn-in with the observed faction gains.
Old 09-04-2021, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really wish they'd just show faction hit numbers. There's so much discrepancy between factions on P99 and Live that it's hard to tell what's going on at times. I wouldn't have spent days killing eldritch collective gnomes in Lfay if I had known I was only getting +1 TheDead hits as opposed to the +10 it should have been.
They could spend a few hours looking at the faction hits on live and fix all these problems but it's been 10 years and they haven't so I wouldn't hold your breath.
Closed Thread