Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2021, 09:34 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malikail [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ROFLMAO thiese are quite literally the most custom servers i've ever played on. Classic is just a joke here, maybe a marketing slogan, not even close to reality.

Thanks for the laughs.
lol, right

played on many classic servers have you?
Old 09-09-2021, 09:49 AM
Fire Giant

just pointing out. p99 is far from classic. people like baler are just high as crap on drugs. and should make his own private server, and make it all classic as much as they want. I am finally putting baler on ignore. He needs to seek help.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 09-09-2021, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never picked an argument with anyone in this thread. If you see my response to an individual and somehow conclude that I'm a piece of a shit. You're in the wrong. I was attacked in my own thread about a topic that the opposing party had zero knowledge of.

I would like to see Project 1999 progress towards a fully classic (vanilla-velious) experience. I'm not sorry if this part upsets anyone.

So I implore you to not make frivolous posts which don't benefit the discussion, even if it's opposing..
I do however welcome healthy discussion regarding the True Classic Experience and what we have grown accusation to.
It wasn’t really directed at you specifically but thanks for the lecture old man.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 09-10-2021, 07:29 PM
Banned

Population likes this QoL perk too much. Changing this would impact population numbers.

See the other emu TAKP where they don't have this on their client and a sizeable number of players won't play there because of it.

Devs here must have decided on this long ago and most likely won't revisit it.

OP is right it is out of era, but I don't see this one changing.
Old 09-10-2021, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP is right it is out of era
Thanks for agreeing with me.

Disable Mouse Wheel Camera Zoom!
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-10-2021, 09:39 PM
Banned

You could always go the Bug report route if you really want dev attention to address it. Bring your evidence. Perhaps they will say something. I wouldn't be surprised if you searched deep in the forums you might find it having already come up in the past. Could be wrong though. That would be a good first look if you really care.

I'm not holding my breath for devs to do anything about it.
Old 09-11-2021, 04:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The forced first person view helped immersion back in classic, I think. Having the orca you were slashing away at take up most of your field of vision, and seeing your arms swing your swords… was kinda cool!
There were different camera angles to use but yeah, sometimes the first person view needed to be used, and yes it did make the game scarier and more immersive and more difficult.

I think we need full virtual reality to get back to that point though. The totally classic Everquest UI is too clunky for a modern perspective.
Old 09-11-2021, 07:34 PM
Sarnak

Delete the wiki, disable nparse and gina also both of those aren't classic.
Old 09-11-2021, 07:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Delete the wiki, disable nparse and gina also both of those aren't classic.
log parsers are classic.
In regards to the P99 wiki, technically no it's not classic. However people did make websites surrounding everquest and shared their knowledge on those sites. In that sense the P99 wiki is technically classic. It's community made to share knowledge.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-11-2021, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

Mischief loot tables are more nostalgic than you think. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread