Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-25-2021, 03:24 PM
Aviak

Default Runtime Error, any help out there?

Hi all, been off the game for a few months. Just tried to log on again and get this: [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"Runtime Error!

Program: C:\..\eqgame.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information."

Tried uninstalling/reinstalling all c++ redist packages from 2005 until now, no help.

Any ideas?
Old 09-25-2021, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Have you tried compatibility mode? I know that helps some people.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-25-2021, 03:51 PM
Aviak

Yeah, tried all of them. Same result.
Old 09-25-2021, 04:44 PM
Aviak

Fixed it. Removed compatibility mode. Incidentally that fixed my fps issue as well. Now at 60 fps instead of 30. I'm running radeon 5700 xt, had this issue for ages.
Old 01-23-2022, 05:58 PM
Large Rat

When I did this it reset all my EQ settings
Old 01-23-2022, 06:13 PM
Banned

Yeah getting EQ to just behave on modern machines can be tricky. The content we're playing is easily capable of running at 60fps with the on-board GPU chipset from a 2003 laptop, but if you go to EC tunnel on a brand new pc it might just start chugging without a bunch of 3rd party workarounds.
Old 01-23-2022, 10:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fixed it. Removed compatibility mode. Incidentally that fixed my fps issue as well. Now at 60 fps instead of 30. I'm running radeon 5700 xt, had this issue for ages.
I've been getting same error since last patch - removed compatibility mode and it now runs but crashes about 1/3 of the time when I camp. Have you been crashing a ton on camping too?
Old 01-24-2022, 11:40 AM
Large Bat

Have the same issue, ran before great with XP SP2 compatibility mode til 18th. January 2022. Now only works without it but not stable. Crashes about 90% on log out. Can confirm screwed up interfaces and settings copieng ui files etc. from before does not have any effect.

tried:dgvoodoo
leads to graphic bugs could run it in XP SP2 mode with it thou, but no solution for me (no text read able - all yellow bars, game graphic logging in blind is horrible).

tried: WinEQ2
horrbile to get it run. helps nothing at all on crashes on log out. Only works with no compatiblity mode.

tried: re install game
no help

tried new graphic drivers (RX 6800):
no help

not tried to install old run time libaries so far bit scared of screwing up alot with that.

Anyone has oher solutions or ideas to get it run stable?
Maybe an idea how to fix dgvoodo graphic bugs?
Old 01-28-2022, 07:51 PM
Large Bat

Thought i had it:
At least i got it run again stable it seems in Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode once.

Solution: I copied the Installation into the Windows 10 VirtualStore -- where i found that if not running in compatibility mode the ui files and stuff is saved.
Of course changed the EQgame.exe to the one here.

Those Win10 hidden folders can be found by typing %AppData% into your windows explorer... cannot navigate directly there... but once there you can bookmark it and copy the game there under Program Files (x86).
C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Progr am Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest

After i restarted the game to check UI files and stuff I got the Runtime Error again!
So seems the fresh installation / copy solves it once maybe.
Last edited by Kendor; 01-28-2022 at 08:02 PM..
Old 03-23-2022, 06:38 AM
Large Bat

Ok me again.
I actually solved the issue!
I Had for another reason to re install windows 10 since it requested a password after i updated something which i could not find "ouch".

Well clean Windows 10 installation solved all the issues. Running again with the Windows XP SP2 2 Mode stable --> don't forget to put in the " " patchme " in the shortcut after you set up ur copy again.

So clearly a windows patch i still assume it had to do with my graphic card caused the issue.
-- Somtimes carma is good even if i did not consider to reinstall Windows it forced me and helped [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]