Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2022, 02:42 PM
Fire Giant

Need to see someone winning a scripted race before there’s a real concern here.
Old 02-08-2022, 02:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profyx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont know why visual reaction time is even being discussed. If you're looking at a text window when a roll is happening you're already going to lose.
Cool, then post a video of 10 consecutive attempts?

https://playback.fm/audio-reaction-time
Old 02-08-2022, 02:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibblewitz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Need to see someone winning a scripted race before there’s a real concern here.
this is called moving the goalposts, and is another bad faith rhetorical tactic. all things being equal, the first off the line is going to win the race. the route is easily practiced, and it doesn't take that long to learn how to run it. the advantage gained by scripting the start (which is both undeniably possible, and very easy to do) is the difference. in this line of thinking, to the extent stunningly is doing that then every race he has won could be suspect. more generally, every race is suspect from the outset, because there's not way to verify that the person who won didn't cheat to get the best jump. since we can no longer have any faith in the fairness of the result, the method of the contest should be changed.

bring back coth racing 2022.
Old 02-08-2022, 02:53 PM
Fire Giant

Disable logging. Remove bindsight from raid zones.
Old 02-08-2022, 02:53 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is called moving the goalposts, and is another bad faith rhetorical tactic. all things being equal, the first off the line is going to win the race. the route is easily practiced, and it doesn't take that long to learn how to run it. the advantage gained by scripting the start (which is both undeniably possible, and very easy to do) is the difference. in this line of thinking, to the extent stunningly is doing that then every race he has won could be suspect. more generally, every race is suspect from the outset, because there's not way to verify that the person who won didn't cheat to get the best jump. since we can no longer have any faith in the fairness of the result, the method of the contest should be changed.

bring back coth racing 2022.
He's trying to be a wordsmith and say that Stunningly isnt scripting, or at least thats what I'm taking away from it.
Old 02-08-2022, 02:55 PM
Fire Giant

Jumps are meaningless in minute(s)-long races. Stunningly could give me 5 second head start, but if I don’t know the lines, I’m done.
Old 02-08-2022, 02:57 PM
Fire Giant

Croco realized that racers practice their jumps and are not scripting. All we are talking about is scripting the initial step. Show me a script of the essential part of the race, or scripting races isn’t a legitimate concern.
Old 02-08-2022, 02:58 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibblewitz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jumps are meaningless in minute(s)-long races. Stunningly could give me 5 second head start, but if I don’t know the lines, I’m done.
So, what you're saying is that all of us are incapable of learning the race path (hence Stunninglys impressive win rate)?

If he knows the race path and always gets a significant jump, he's always going to win against someone who just knows the race path.
Old 02-08-2022, 03:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, what you're saying is that all of us are incapable of learning the race path (hence Stunninglys impressive win rate)?

If he knows the race path and always gets a significant jump, he's always going to win against someone who just knows the race path.
Not at all. Everyone can learn the paths with practice, but the top racers are doing this dozens of not hundreds of times a week. For each foot race.

Step your game up!
Old 02-08-2022, 03:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
this is undeniably false. the jump is the race. KT race is well under 60 seconds, it's a sprint. Anyone who's practiced even a little bit can run from the race line to the throne room in under 55 seconds, and it's factioned the whole way so there's no variables to worry about. the idea that you could make up a 5 second deficit in such a short race is absurd, and anyone who has practiced or actually raced knows it. you're embarrassing yourself.
Closed Thread