Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2022, 04:16 PM
Sarnak

[QUOTE=xdrcfrx;3421029]I'm explicitly stating that these are two different questions raised by the OP's video, and have repeatedly said that the questions about Stunningly the individual are not especially meaningful as compared to the questions about cheating in races, generally. I don't really care, ultimately, if Stunningly is scripting his race starts or not (although, as stated, i find the evidence in favor of him doing that to be persuasive). I'm more concerned about how we can have any faith in footraces as a fair metric for competing for FTE now. We can't, because as Kickenit and Joria have shown, it is very easy to cheat. Nobody is questioning that it's possible to cheat - in other words, you agree that cheating at footraces is both possible and very easy to do?

[QUOTE=Samoht;3421020]I have yet to see anybody from Riot proposing changes to foot races in the proper channels, and if they did so, they would promptly be shot down (and rightfully so) based on Riot's own former precedent.[/QUOTE=Samoht]

OP stated he sent this all to the GM's months ago. What other channels would be "proper" in your view, and had this been raised in those channels would your opinion change? This feels like a meaningless deflection. Why should "Riot's own former precedent" determine whether or not the GM's change the ruleset?

[QUOTE=Samoht;3421020]My guess is that you see the cheating angle as a way to automatically get the changes you want. It's too bad the GMs saw right through your scam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht

More strawmanning and and personal attacks. You acknowledge above that cheating is possible, so what is the scam exactly? Why can't you just engage with this subject honestly? (that's a rhetorical question, I understand why you won't).

ok?
Lockouts and foot races make the cheating even more problematic. It would then effect every raid encounter instead of a few.
Old 02-08-2022, 04:24 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profyx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe you should research Audio Reaction time vs Visual reaction time. You realize your sense take different pathways to the brain?
https://new.cognitivefun.net/task/co...-reaction-time

Give this test a shot please =)
Old 02-08-2022, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP stated he sent this all to the GM's months ago. What other channels would be "proper" in your view, and had this been raised in those channels would your opinion change? This feels like a meaningless deflection. Why should "Riot's own former precedent" determine whether or not the GM's change the ruleset?
You propose changes in the UN, not by begging GMs to validate your baseless claims that Stunningly is cheating. Arcler's former behavior will mean any changes proposed will be turned down. You reap what you sow, oh well.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/a...1&d=1644341706

Precedent here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More strawmanning and and personal attacks. You acknowledge above that cheating is possible, so what is the scam exactly? Why can't you just engage with this subject honestly? (that's a rhetorical question, I understand why you won't).
I have engaged in this honestly. You're lying yourself if you pretend that you haven't crossed any of the lines that you accuse me of crossing. The only difference is you don't see me crying about it. If it hurts your feelings to hear that somebody thinks you're crying, maybe you should consider not crying?
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 02-08-2022, 04:27 PM
Sarnak

ugh, i'm not sure where I derped the formatting, but that last post is all over the place. /shrug lol.
Old 02-08-2022, 04:29 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You propose changes in the UN, not by begging GMs to validate your baseless claims that Stunningly is cheating. Arcler's former behavior will mean any changes proposed will be turned down. You reap what you sow, oh well.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/a...1&d=1644341706

Precedent here.

I have engaged in this honestly. You're lying yourself if you pretend that you haven't crossed any of the lines that you accuse me of crossing. The only difference is you don't see me crying about it. If it hurts your feelings to hear that somebody thinks you're crying, maybe you should consider not crying?
You must be insufferable to be around in real life.
Old 02-08-2022, 04:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Interesting to hear you tout the UN - i suppose if 6 out of 7 guilds in the UN were in favor of doing away with foot races, you'd find that proper and go right along with it? This is just more goalpost moving in any event, because you're trying to change the subject of the conversation from the substance of the critique (that cheating is possible, and very easy to do), to the place where the critique was raised.

Quote:
You haven't, because you're still lobbing personal attacks ("you're crying! wahhhhh") instead of addressing the actual merits of the discussion. You haven't actually even bothered to try answering the question - why should we have any faith in footraces as a fair means of competition, in light of how easily they are cheated?
Old 02-08-2022, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

All Raiders must have electrodes hooked up to their genitals and nipples while in a P99 raid zone - any losing raid force will be shocked as punishment for losing, any winning raid force will be shocked for being no life losers. All pixels will be classified as "NO LOOT" and will decay with the corpse they drop from.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 02-08-2022, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Interesting to hear you tout the UN - i suppose if 6 out of 7 guilds in the UN were in favor of doing away with foot races, you'd find that proper and go right along with it? This is just more goalpost moving in any event, because you're trying to change the subject of the conversation from the substance of the critique (that cheating is possible, and very easy to do), to the place where the critique was raised.
Yes, please post in UN admitting that Riot proved it was possible to cheat by cheating themselves and ask for suggestions on how to handle Riot's cheating.

Quote:
You haven't, because you're still lobbing personal attacks ("you're crying! wahhhhh") instead of addressing the actual merits of the discussion. You haven't actually even bothered to try answering the question - why should we have any faith in footraces as a fair means of competition, in light of how easily they are cheated?
That's not what this thread is about. You're moving the goalposts, and I don't really care about your new topic.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 02-08-2022, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yes, please post in UN admitting that Riot proved it was possible to cheat by cheating themselves and ask for suggestions on how to handle Riot's cheating.
To continue with this, I would recommend leaving OPs video where they try to defame Stunningly out of it as it adds nothing to THAT conversation specifically.
Old 02-08-2022, 04:42 PM
Large Bat

Quote:

That's not what this thread is about. You're moving the goalposts, and I don't really care about your new topic.
Oh well then everyone, Samoht doesn't care, so we're all done here. Let's move on.
Closed Thread