Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 05-10-2022, 03:18 PM
Sarnak

Default The double mana tick?

Hello everyone!!
Back first time in many many years. I have been having a blast on my currently level 22 Paladin. The community has been so awesome. Run into people leveling everywhere. Somehow I meet others new to P99 still. Pass it forward was said to me once.

ANYWAYS, enough gushing.

Question about mana regen ticks.

Normal mana regen I assume as follows (also after reading wiki)::: 1 tick per 6 seconds server time. It appears there is also a client tick that this may work off instead?

What confuses me. Is after I heal, if i sit immediately, I almost always get TWO ticks of mana regen. If I use other spells besides my heal, I don't always see the double tick.

Do I not get this "extra" tick of mana unless I am sitting? It makes me feel like if I don't sit in between each cast, I lose a TON of mana regen potential.

I was hoping to confirm the best way to do this, so I am not over doing it and sitting when I don't always have to.
Old 05-10-2022, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

The double tick confuses me. I know what you're talking about, and I don't understand it.

The way the game works, it checks if you are sitting with meditate enabled each time the server ticks. This means you can cast between ticks and get the same mana regen as if you were sitting the whole time.

So a paladin with light healing or minor healing can sit down between casts and essentially heal up for no mana loss. You recover the mana you spend at the same speed.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-10-2022, 04:14 PM
Sarnak

That makes sense to me also to be able to sit in between ticks.

The double tick also just seems to happen before the first official tick. I can deal with losing 1 tick of mana for a back to back cast heal in emergency, but losing 2 ticks seems like its more rough. Almost like my spells are costing me more than they should.
Old 05-10-2022, 08:16 PM
Planar Protector

I believe it’s just a server sync issue and it’s not actually affecting your mana but could be wrong
Old 05-11-2022, 07:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe it’s just a server sync issue and it’s not actually affecting your mana but could be wrong
That's my understanding; the client shows an increase, but the server is on its own clock and eventually sync's with its version of reality. It's why you see mana jump up then back down sometimes.
Old 05-11-2022, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

You can see it happening more clearly in this video I made for canni dancing https://youtu.be/7K7oSx2vplg .

The problem is indeed a sync issue between the client and the server. You can watch the video and read the description to see which one is the server tick. That is the one that matters. It doesn't effect your actual mana, it is just annoying.
Old 05-11-2022, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Titanium always seems to have this problem. It'd be nice if someone could figure out a fix for it. If you play on a server like TAKP (which uses a PoP client from 2002) there are no phony ticks and it's pretty nice.
Old 05-11-2022, 07:19 PM
Sarnak

Deaths thanks for the video. That helped a little bit. But man still confusing. So there is no easy way to tell which of the two mana ticks is the real tick basically and I am forced to wait through both of them for said dance.

With that said, I am actually still only losing 1 tick of mana regen if i dont actually sit down? The wierd thing is I never see that jump back up in my mana bar UNLESS i actually sit down, so when would it be synching?
Old 05-12-2022, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

Double ticks don’t happen.

Get on a good paladin med dance pattern and you’ll see your mana never drop while you heal to full in a few mins vs many minutes
Lost but not forgotten.