Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2019, 07:06 AM
Banned

Default Note to Neclo Rewarding Out of Era Spells Still

Right now the note to neclo spell is rewarding minor shielding, which is correct later but not until the February 2000 patch. This quest should yield Elemental Armor for the first portion of green's life:

https://web.archive.org/web/20021031...de=35&id=55025

This link gives additional reference to the spell, cost, and when the quest may have been 'fixed'.

Some more intel:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=453
Apr 03 2001 at 11:27 AM Rating: Default
Anonymous
When you hail the guy, just say "Who is Neclo?"

I was told that when you give Neclo the letter you get a spell that's worth 3.5pp, it's s shame that it got toned down.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=2974
Apr 14 2000 at 3:06 PM Rating: Decent
Anonymous
He first gave out a scroll of Elemental Armor which you could sell for about 3pp, then they changed him but he ended up bugged and level 1, he's better now but only gives out a scroll of minor shielding

Feb 19 2000 at 3:27 AM Rating: Decent
Anonymous
he hasn't been disbanded, he just gives out a low lvl spell not a high lvl spell now
Old 10-13-2019, 07:14 AM
Planar Protector

I doubt they would change this and I'd suggest they don't. It's an exploit.
Old 10-13-2019, 07:57 AM
Sarnak

This quest combined with other quests where you purchase materials for repeatable XP turn in make this an obvious exploit.
Old 10-13-2019, 08:49 AM
Banned

It was available in classic, should be available here for the truest, purest recreation of classic everquest. I remember doing this quest plenty of times to gear myself out in 1999 and others do as well.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:33 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtMacklinFBI [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was available in classic, should be available here for the truest, purest recreation of classic everquest. I remember doing this quest plenty of times to gear myself out in 1999 and others do as well.
Let's leave exploits out.
Old 10-14-2019, 06:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleberry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let's leave exploits out.
It's not an exploit when it's classic gameplay.

it's an all or nothing approach. Rogean has said multiple times that they'll make it as pure to classic as possible, even if it means nobody plays it.

You don't get to label something an exploit just because people can benefit from it.

It's either classic, or it's not.
Old 10-14-2019, 06:58 AM
Planar Protector

Did anyone ever even confirm the time period the original quest was implemented? It might not even have showed up for awhile. I didn't even hear about it until the GM on my server had set neclo up to somehow suicide right after he spawned, well beyond 6+ into vanilla. I highly doubt a quest this lucrative wouldn't be more well known.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:37 AM
Planar Protector

It was a Qeynos human wizard newbie quest, from a trainer all the way around the back of the guild who most people probably never knew existed. I'm not exactly shocked it wasn't well known in classic.

Enabling this would have hundreds of people doing it for spell cash and breaking the economy. The staff aren't going to do it. Move to resolved.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:23 AM
Sarnak

It's like /viewport. Do you disable it because strictly speaking it wasn't in during the classic era, or do you enable it, thus allowing people to create a screen view that more closely resembles classic?

Do you allow an exploitable part of a classic quest, thus making an unclassic economy; or remove the quest, and maintain a more classic economy?
Last edited by Quinas; 10-14-2019 at 09:41 AM..
Old 10-14-2019, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

All i hear is wah wah i want free platinum
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Closed Thread