Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should p99 open up a third green server?
Yes, a third server would help 71 27.84%
No, I don't think so 129 50.59%
Roses are red, Harambes in heaven, George W. Bush did 9/11 55 21.57%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 10:27 AM
Fire Giant

I for one, would love a third server. Green has gotten a crap ton better. But as you level the higher lvl areas becoming more and more packed. I am guessing same issue on Teal? Sitting on LFG list for the decent camps (HHK/MM/GUK/SolA) all at same time is helpful, while you solo a few mobs. But taking a few hours to find a group does get a bit rough.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 11-13-2019, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wouldn't the /list situation be worse without teal though?
I doubt it. The longer the list gets, the fewer people will be willing to sit in it. The end result is a minority of people have manastones, just like in classic.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

If people's sole reason for a third server is so they can be on a shorter /list
Maybe project 1999 isn't for you.

Do I want BIS for all my characters. stacking vulack items ontop of my manastones and guises. Sure... is it going to happen? No
Set realistic goals
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If people's sole reason for a third server is so they can be on a shorter /list
Maybe project 1999 isn't for you.

Do I want BIS for all my characters. stacking vulack items ontop of my manastones and guises. Sure... is it going to happen? No
Set realistic goals
Plus, unless you prohibit playing on multiple servers at once, there are hardcore crazy types who will try and /list for an MS on each server. Anyone who is crazy enough to spend tens of hours on the /list would probably just do it on all 3 servers because why not maximize the use of their time? So specifically from the perspective of whether it would help the list issue, it wouldn't.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:49 AM
Sarnak

The magic number of a classic server is around 500 people, just pick the server that's closest to that and you're all set.
Old 11-13-2019, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

All I know is I can't wait to see how Fungus Staff and pained soul and rotting skeleton and Chancellor Di'Zok all play out. Will we have lists for Verina Tomb? Will everyone ever finally realize that the classic timeline is working AGAINST their dreams of "experiencing all the things they didn't get to on blue" instead of for it?

Lol.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 11-13-2019 at 11:04 AM..
Old 11-13-2019, 11:28 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Given all the comments and suggestions over the manastone camp, and everyone wanting legacy pixels...combined with some of the RNF content calling people out over stolen orc legionnaires, is a third server the solution here?
Maybe we should just split the server until there is an average pop of say 50 per server...that way this manastone camp and all of the other shit people are complaining about is easy to get. Or how about this!...p99 staff just summons a manastone to everyone's inventory! Lol seriously I think its fucking funny all of the no job idiots having to spend 40hr straight for an item in this game. Hopfully doing so causes some sort of irreparable damage to their health. Get a job, life, and real priorities and let this game come somewhere after those...
Old 11-13-2019, 12:01 PM
Aviak

Each player should have their own server
Old 11-13-2019, 12:05 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Sanchez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The magic number of a classic server is around 500 people, just pick the server that's closest to that and you're all set.
I think that number is too low.
Old 11-13-2019, 01:06 PM
Fire Giant

Way too low, when live still had numbers most servers were around 1200 at prime time, though they were a bit more spread out in level and hunting grounds than green is because we're all maximising our exp in the most optimal zones because they refuse to fix the ZEMs
Closed Thread