Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 09:53 PM
Large Rat

Default A little bit about me

Hello,

Let me start with a story. This story is going to be about my gaming history. Yes, I am a big gamer. I learned to play my first game when I was about 5 years old, my uncle taught me how to play gin. I still play gin today/ I played every board game I could get my hands on. I have played every d&d title and all the ultimas, and most every thing else. i have done level one support for a couple of games. UO and everquest. I was a senior guide on the Bristlebane server for a few years. My last two years I was the only senior guide on the server. So, that is who I am. Nice to meet you.
Old 04-13-2021, 10:25 AM
Aviak

Gin is a great game, have you played through the new baulders gate pre release? IM SO EXCITED.

Quick question about gm’s and guides: is it true that all the gm gear was bought from a vendor on GM isle or does a GM summon it for you? Cause my two buddy’s were arguing about this and also is there really a cube room with no doors in the Freeport aqueducts that gms summon players to right before they get banned?
Old 04-13-2021, 12:00 PM
Kobold

Hail, Clandor.
Old 04-13-2021, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

welcome!
Old 04-13-2021, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Wb to eq. Ignore the forums n have a lot of fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] there's a guild or something to do for everyone and the GMs are awesome here.
Old 04-14-2021, 02:00 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrkTheSlayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gin is a great game, have you played through the new baulders gate pre release? IM SO EXCITED.

Quick question about gm’s and guides: is it true that all the gm gear was bought from a vendor on GM isle or does a GM summon it for you? Cause my two buddy’s were arguing about this and also is there really a cube room with no doors in the Freeport aqueducts that gms summon players to right before they get banned?
I do not remember about the GM gear you ask about, nor do I remember there bbeing a GM isle, unless you are talking about the guide home. I can say this, GMs did not buy stuff.

To answer your second question, yes we did have such a room. I don't know what GMs used it for, I used it to give players a place to await the attentions of a GM. Players could not cast in that room and it had no doors.
Old 04-14-2021, 12:41 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clandor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do not remember about the GM gear you ask about, nor do I remember there bbeing a GM isle, unless you are talking about the guide home. I can say this, GMs did not buy stuff.
Yes the guide home: it’s where you got all your guide gear right?
Old 04-14-2021, 03:02 PM
Orc

Bammmmmm!
Old 04-14-2021, 06:58 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrkTheSlayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes the guide home: it’s where you got all your guide gear right?
You are correct. We did not have to buy it though. I think maybe you are confusing guides wwith GMs. Guides were just players with a couple of extra abilities added to their client
Closed Thread