Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2021, 03:56 AM
Large Rat

Exclamation Gnome Necromancer - Where can I travel without getting killed on sight?

I was told that I may be killed on sight if I enter certain cities. Can I please get a heads-up on where I can or cannot travel? I was also told that I should try entering Freeport through the hidden tunnels and sewers to find the necromancers' guild. I have snuck around a little but I'm pretty scared of being murdered. I can't find any guides online video/written and I'd seriously appreciate some input! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-25-2021, 06:59 AM
Planar Protector

You probably will be killed in any city outside of Akanon by some NPCs in those cities. So the answer is really complicated and even if someone knew it would take forever and a day to tell you all the NPCs that would kill you on sight.

generally a gnome necro:
if it's a troll/DE/Ogre it's most likely going to be KOS.

if it's a cleric, druid, shaman, paladin, ranger, monk it's a reasonably good chance they will be KOS.

But those are just general trends. Really you should just be conning everything yourself, not relying on a guide/forum post. Don't leave faydwer until you have gather shadows and then you will basically live invisible for all of your time when traveling to new places only popping out of it to con NPCs when/where you can safely do so and quickly returning after you con them. You'll get used to it.
Old 04-25-2021, 07:53 AM
Planar Protector

Evil Deity and Necromancer Class will cause you to be hated by a majority.
It's not all bad however! Being evil opens up more options to kill, like city guards.
The higher level you get the less of a restriction it feels.

You can invis to a bank and feign death around a corner, then use F9 cameras to open your bankbox.
This can be done at freeport bank for example. Go inside the first door, into the entry hallway, don't go around the corner into the banking area, stand near the edge of that corner. cast FD, zoom out and open your bank. Then stand up & invis then run out of the bank safely.

Consider everything.

At lower levels when getting druid ports ask for invis or invis yourself, Especially if going to NK where a high level tree ent roams around the druid ring.

This is one of the best necro guides:
https://wiki.project1999.com/Sesserd...Strategy_Guide
ideas for hunting can be found here:
https://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 04-25-2021 at 08:00 AM..
Old 04-25-2021, 09:54 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You probably will be killed in any city outside of Akanon by some NPCs
Yeah I was getting killed by NPC's in AkAnon as well! Lol well if it's the same as AkAnon I should be fine. Just learn to avoid certain areas and consider everything. Thanks for the info! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-25-2021, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Npcs of the same faction usually are together. Just get used to invising, targeting, take it off invis to con them and make sure they are friendly before you get too close.

The tunnels in freeport work fine. Just a bit cumbersome. I’m sure you can train in Neriak even if they won’t sell to you. It never hurts to drop a peridot or two to a lvl 1 in a town and use that to buy spells. Find a quiet corner of the zone and drop them back. If you can invis don’t wander without it. A good way to stay alive.

Goes for food/drink as well. There are usually a couple npcs in neutral areas that will sell to you but a drop xfer often makes things easier.
Old 04-27-2021, 09:29 AM
Aviak

Kill all the guards and make plat!
Old 06-12-2021, 06:23 AM
Kobold

I didn't have a problem running around FP, although I think the caster guild may have been off limits. Neriak was fine too. Residents of grob and ogok cared less about my religion than the fact I look like a snack.
Old 06-24-2021, 05:59 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Quit now while you are ahead and roll a real necromancer race. Like Iksar. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 06-24-2021, 07:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHydras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quit now while you are ahead and roll a real necromancer race. Like Iksar. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
iksar necros cant do this tho

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-24-2021, 09:19 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
iksar necros cant do this tho

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fair play.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Closed Thread