Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-26-2022, 10:17 AM
Large Rat

Question Trueshot Bow

New Ranger starting the bow quest. I am wondering if any experienced Fletchers (200+) would be willing to do the combine once I have all the parts? There may be a second ranger (friend) who will want this also. I will come with 2 sets of parts (to be safe) for each of us.

My character is Navvarr and I will be in game Tues and Thurs evenings (7-11 EDT) and other times as needed for your schedule (pays to be retired!). Please sent me a TELL if you are willing and able to do the combine around this weekend (need to get the parts).

If you need compensation, just let me know. I would do it myself but a skill of 20 won't cut it!

Thanks in advance!

Navvarr
Old 04-26-2022, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

The micro servos are no drop. So the combiner needs to get some of those.

But the wire and staff are tradable.

One quest you might want to look into is Gleeds Bow. You can do this quest at level 5 basically (or, whenever you get sneak)....

Mostly because all it takes is a high level taking down vluudeen in great divide (and tons of high levels are always passing by there). Then you take the tail to the giants and sneak turn it in (getting to Gleed to sneak can be tricky though)

But otherwise the bow is really really nice. A 20/30 with 180 range.... and at level 49 it starts to proc an 81 damage DD

https://wiki.project1999.com/Gleed%27s_Bow
Old 05-07-2022, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

The dwarven wire is actually no drop as well.

I still have some spare parts in the bank, I can make the bow for you. Let me know when you are in the Greater Faydark area.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 05-08-2022, 12:49 AM
Large Rat

Smile WOW!

That would be fantastic, Yendor! I can be in game any time today (Sunday, May 8) from 1 pm (EDT) to as late as 11 pm. Or whatever time is good for you. I am retired, so I could be in almost any time during the week as well if that would work better for you.

Do you have all the parts or do I need to provide the initial wood staff from GM Trueshot quest? I have been putting that off while I slowly work up my fletching, but 56 is WAY short of what I need! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] If I need the quest staff, I will have to do the traveling to Freeport steps on Sunday afternoon.

And what is the cost? You deserve something for your efforts. I am far from rich but have some plat saved.

I don't know how many spare parts you have, but my best friend is also a ranger and we restarted the same day (2 weeks ago?). If we could get him one too it would be like Christmas. But if that is asking too much, I understand. He tried 3x to make his bow with a skill of 100 and failed (no surprise). So I think he is kind of bummed.

Thank you for your fantastic offer! I look forward to hearing from you.

My Ranger is Navvarr (level 15) and my alt is a Paladin, Navengarr (level 9). Both are based in GFey and currently in or nearby. Good chance I will be playing one of them Sunday afternoon. I will check these forums before I login.
Old 05-08-2022, 06:46 PM
Large Rat

Smile Update to WOW!

OK. I did all the parts for the bow staff and did the combine. If you need that, I have it. I also have extra servos and wire but I can't trade them. If I have to make another bow staff, I am ready. Just let me know where, when, and how much. I am pretty much available anytime.

Thanks again!

Navvarr, Ranger level 15.
Old 05-09-2022, 03:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

One quest you might want to look into is Gleeds Bow. You can do this quest at level 5 basically (or, whenever you get sneak)....

Mostly because all it takes is a high level taking down vluudeen in great divide (and tons of high levels are always passing by there). Then you take the tail to the giants and sneak turn it in (getting to Gleed to sneak can be tricky though)
This is interesting. The giant turnin guy is behind see invis giants, though. You just get a friend to train them away for you? How did you go about turning this in?
Old 05-09-2022, 10:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is interesting. The giant turnin guy is behind see invis giants, though. You just get a friend to train them away for you? How did you go about turning this in?
at lvl 5 you would need help for sure. When I did it on my 51 ranger I rooted those two guards ran past them and camped out to break aggro. But I was like 3 seconds from being smashed and having my camp interrupted so it was a close call.
Old 05-09-2022, 10:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by radbeard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
at lvl 5 you would need help for sure. When I did it on my 51 ranger I rooted those two guards ran past them and camped out to break aggro. But I was like 3 seconds from being smashed and having my camp interrupted so it was a close call.
Nice. I love hearing about random quests like this. Always something new to learn in this game.
Old 05-11-2022, 12:22 AM
Large Rat

Thumbs up Yendor

Thank you for your help, Kind Sir. My whole group enjoyed your visit. All of us are from the early days of EQ and are enjoying it together again...partly because the community has been so helpful and gracious. We will all try to "pay it forward".

Thank you again.

Navvarr, Level 17 Ranger as of minutes before we all logged. Dual Wield!!!!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Formerly Navarr of the Rathe, Officer of Champions of Norrath
Old 05-11-2022, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

Oops, I just saw you needed one for your friend as well? Let me know if that is still the case, I can make you guys another!

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles