Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 11:28 AM
Orc

Thumbs up Perspective of a new Red player - for other new Red players

So, wife and I decided to join the dark side and rolled new toons on Red (We've been on Blue for a bit, but don't play often.) We made a mage/mage duo and the leveling / xp is ** insane ** Probably on par with or better than most PLs you'll get on Blue (we're only lvl 13 at the moment.)

Thus far we have been involved in zero PVP and only witnessed one battle which resulted in no death.

The community on Red is really awesome in terms of chattiness and general friendliness so far. There have been one or two one-off higher ups that have helped with a few pp for spells which helped greatly.

Economy wise for spell casters it's near impossible to make enough money at this level to support ourselves. That should get better as we get higher level, but the struggle is real and I would caution new players to Red on that point. You'll level far faster than you can make money, without patronage from some higher up. There is no selling bone chips for 10pp a stack (that we've seen so far) and most of those other player-player interactions that lowbies use to support themselves aren't really there.

All-in-all it's an excellent experience so far. Duo'ing we have a constant 90% xp bonus + whatever the ZEM is.

tldr: 8/10, do recommend. Money is hard, leveling is not.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

You’re bad at eq if leveling fast hurts you cause of spell money. Hope that’s not the case. Any who of course the community is good nobody plays they will literally blow you to stay. I hope you enjoy and don’t worry about pvp you won’t encounter any until like 50z
Old 03-14-2019, 12:02 PM
Orc

[QUOTE=Tassador;2876402]You’re bad at eq if leveling fast hurts you cause of spell money. Hope that’s not the case.]

I'm all ears if you can teach me how to get the 95pp it's taken for both of us to buy minimal spells and reagents thus far - in the whopping 5 hours of play time we have. Genuinely.

We're finally able to tackle the sister camp in Lfay so that's definitely helping the cause.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:15 PM
Sarnak

That is a pretty standard first impression.

Everyone out levels their ability to buy spells. #hardknocklife

Tassador will respond to your post with tough love.

You will eventually encounter someone that is bored and wants nothing more than to ruin your game time. Either training you with a higher level character or a super geared out twink. Be ready for it around level 20.

That is the make/break moment for I would guess about 90% of blue players that come to red.

Mage is not a very good class on red.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:18 PM
Banned

Mage would be better if the epic pet had classic resists
Old 03-14-2019, 01:55 PM
Banned

Cucked cleric or rogue
Old 03-14-2019, 03:37 PM
Fire Giant

/friend Amyas and hit me up in game, i'll help you guys get settled in good =)
Old 03-14-2019, 03:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll play on Red - which class would you recommend?
Do you want to be a pvp beast?

Any class that you have always wanted to mess with but never got around to?