Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2019, 07:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont feel like the guise will be as big a deal its very common drop averages 12 per day drops fully camped and 8 month timeline on that
But the problem is everyone can see all the patch notes and can see when items either got banned or got nerfed. So this will allow players to farm the same camp over and over...

Probably the best thing to come out of it is these items will over flown on the market and won't be worth a damn...
Old 08-25-2019, 07:55 PM
Planar Protector

Everyone's operating on the assumption that Green99 will 1. be a new server, 2. be a classic timeline server, 3. have a classic loot table and loot drop timeline
Old 08-26-2019, 12:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone should have to wait in line until it's their turn. No lockouts, and no using relationships with friends or guildies to gain any advantage over other players.
Really hope this is how it's handled. The way we did Fabled back in the day was after you won your piece, you dropped from the group and someone else rotated in. Healers or tanks got to cut if their role was going to be left empty, but other than that it was a straight list.

Guise really shouldn't be too bad. Manastone will have its own thread on RnF.
Old 08-26-2019, 12:58 PM
Aviak

No item/coin roll over onto blue, only character moves on Luclin launch or Sleeper wake.

The less green appeals to pixel hungry neckbeards wanting to stack manastones, guises, lockets, beads, and gnome masks just to sit on until they roll over to blue, the better. I'm not invested into any of those, I don't care about their value. But the fact is no one knew how any of those legacy items were gonna work on launch and an item wipe is the best way to keep it close to classic in that regard. I hope green is made for people who want to be there for that kind of experience, one for the journey and not the destination.
Old 08-26-2019, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont feel like the guise will be as big a deal its very common drop averages 12 per day drops fully camped and 8 month timeline on that
You sure about that? I was here from P99's day 1 and the pre-nerf guise was decidedly rare. The Serrated Bone Dirk was the common drop at the time. Yes, I know that was backwards from correct era-appropriate rates--but that's how it was on P99 at launch. The community would like it if the prenerf guise has its correct drop frequency on "green" but I don't feel that should necessarily be assumed until proven through observation. Might be better to make plans under the assumption of it being rare. Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

Danth
Old 08-26-2019, 04:04 PM
Skeleton

Before DBG went on a created a new TLP every other week, a lot of us played them with the assumption that these rare and unique items would be all the rage (at least CoS, Guise and Rubicite to some extent, manastone were never implemented IIRC).

Couldn't be further from the truth. Everyone that wanted a guise got one, and I remember distinctly wanting a CoS and it was easy to get as well, to the point I figured i wouldn't bother because no one gave a shit anyway. And that was in servers where no PNP was enforced and single player controlled mage armys were locking everything they damn well pleased from Runnyeye to plane of hate, with RMT being the clear intent.

I think a lot of players scratched that itch and don't really want to bother with these items. Back in 99 and beyond, there was a clear feeling of "missing out" because people did not have the means nor the informations necessary. On a server were 99% of players know these items, their pending rarity and have ample time to make arrangements, I don't see that becoming a problem.
Old 08-26-2019, 04:20 PM
Kobold

I want a dark elf paladin, but I don't want to:
1. Camp a Guise
2. Level an untwinked paladin
3. Level a paladin with classic exp penalties
4. Play a paladin in the first place
5. Play on Green

Please help
Old 08-26-2019, 08:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DromalPhrenia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Camp a Guise
5. Play on Green

Please help
Man I was hoping I was only one with this idea [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-26-2019, 09:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DromalPhrenia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Camp a Guise
5. Play on Green

Please help
Musk was a legend. Honestly though, I think the real customers for a guise will be female Troll shaman players so they are just one click away of pure sexy in Totemic plate while keeping the regen.
Old 08-26-2019, 09:53 PM
Sarnak

What they should do is leave the items out of the game but just blatantly LIE to people saying theyre just ultra rare so the neckbeards who want to camp it 24/7/365 waste all their time for literally nothing.
Closed Thread