Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 10:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneyBoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All this does is force players to jump through stupid, needless hoops to achieve the same result.

Pointless. Much like your comment.
In era we played standing on our heads and gaming with our feet, amazing to think back on but why didn't even one think of sitting and using hands.
Old 09-10-2019, 10:41 AM
Banned

Alright, troll mask illusion clicked off.

Some of what you are complaining about might make your eyes open as to why things are easier here and people do things they couldn't back then.

Jimjam detailed the hoop jumping and how to achieve the same thing. I didn't know about that in era or binding sense heading to movement. I clicked everything.

For the record when it comes to my necro, I started one because of a forum post. This guy had made this super detailed how-to. He had you going all around the original world of norrath (pre-kunark) and camping some mob for one or two levels. I liked the idea to see more of the world so I created one. Anyway, how this pertains to pets is the guy would mention how long a pet should last (max summon). For example: "When you send Gobaner in you will be able to cast darkness and one of your dots, by this time he is 40% health. This gives you enough space to cast fear if its resisted the first time". This gave some reference and eventually you got a feel for what you are doing.

If you have been playing eq any amount of time now, with a gauge for how long a pet or charms will last before death, but are complaining about having to remember that and pay attention then what do you expect someone to say?

It sure as hell isn't you're right
Old 09-10-2019, 10:48 AM
Banned

Triple post triggered malarkey

Hell spell timers.. there wasn't information on what spells did or how long they last. You had to figure it out.

EQ had people that could figure it out, then bring that info to others.

I am not talking about game breaking mechanics but referring to the plain jane game itself.

You need a gauge to play...
Old 09-10-2019, 10:58 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you have been playing eq any amount of time now, with a gauge for how long a pet or charms will last before death, but are complaining about having to remember that and pay attention then what do you expect someone to say?

It sure as hell isn't you're right
But it's not just that. It's not just that a pet window has gone, it's that the command replacements for that missing window now, to be clickable off the keyboard, need to go into the hotbar, the now single hotbar.

Yes you can use social as a ghetto pet window instead, but that then requires a mouse click, not a keyboard click.

Yes, you can put these pet commands onto a hotbar but then there goes your spells being clicked off, forcing you to page up and down.

But wait, to also now get pet health, if you page up for a spell you can't press of a key to report pet health because you're on the wrong page.

You know all this. The cries of "It's classic!" hold no water, when there are multitudes of worse things that are also not classic, left as is. Linkable items? Back in the day, I vividly remember having to create /auction buttons listing item stats and details but apparently here, that particular function, as a QoL improvement, can stay?

All this has done is made pet classes more awkward to play. Not more difficult, just more awkward and frustrating. Ergo, it was a pointless, needless update.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:07 AM
Sarnak

lol @ at these people writing 4000 word essays about how a classic change is bad because other things arent classic blah blah blah

bye nerds
Old 09-10-2019, 11:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneyBoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But it's not just that. It's not just that a pet window has gone, it's that the command replacements for that missing window now, to be clickable off the keyboard, need to go into the hotbar, the now single hotbar.

Yes you can use social as a ghetto pet window instead, but that then requires a mouse click, not a keyboard click.

Yes, you can put these pet commands onto a hotbar but then there goes your spells being clicked off, forcing you to page up and down.

But wait, to also now get pet health, if you page up for a spell you can't press of a key to report pet health because you're on the wrong page.

You know all this. The cries of "It's classic!" hold no water, when there are multitudes of worse things that are also not classic, left as is. Linkable items? Back in the day, I vividly remember having to create /auction buttons listing item stats and details but apparently here, that particular function, as a QoL improvement, can stay?

All this has done is made pet classes more awkward to play. Not more difficult, just more awkward and frustrating. Ergo, it was a pointless, needless update.
Why wouldn't you click with the mouse?
Old 09-10-2019, 11:21 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why wouldn't you click with the mouse?
You're asking why I'd risk using a mouse pointer to locate a small(er) button, now, over a keypress?

You're asking the wrong questions, to the wrong person. Making a class more frustrating to play, not more difficult or challenging, cannot be seen as a good thing.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
You're asking why I'd risk using a mouse pointer to locate a small(er) button, now, over a keypress?

You're asking the wrong questions, to the wrong person. Making a class more frustrating to play, not more difficult or challenging, cannot be seen as a good thing.
How would you have done it in era? honest question.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
See, the vast majority of the people losing their shit over this are powergamer minded individuals who gravitated towards classes like bard and chanter because they found out those were the OMG SO OP classes in P99. Now that someone moved their cheese slightly deeper into the maze they are filled with RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION and have many sudden opinions on "classic" things.

So they are all either going to get over it and adapt, or just switch to playing their fungi twinked monks instead. A few might quit and/or play WoW instead.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:32 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
We're not in era, that's the point.
Closed Thread