Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 03:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't you think it will reduce overcrowding of the raid environment on Blue?
To an extent maybe, but I think it will reduce numbers in the smaller more casual guilds, while the hardcore guilds continue to battle it out without much change. Also I'd say the top end raiding scene isn't nearly as congested as it used to be on Blue, I'd say it's probably half the amount of raiders in comparison to Velious launch, those characters are just in a smaller amount of guilds than they were before.

I think it really hurts the leveling scene on Blue though, I don't see why you would create a new character on Blue unless you are in a top raiding guild and just want another alt for raids.

The only real noticeable improvement I expect on blue is maybe some of the harder to camp items will be more easily camped, like Drusella Sathir, AC, A4, things like that.
Old 09-13-2019, 04:01 PM
Fire Giant

The merger won't be happening until sometime in 2023, which is 4 years from now. Who knows how many people will still be playing 4 years from now?
Old 09-13-2019, 04:43 PM
Former Guide

Personal preference (and I do stress personal), is that any legacy items (including things from Velious like HEBs) become no-drop upon merge.

Things already no-drop such as guise would be restricted to Old World (no Kunark, Velious).
Old 09-13-2019, 04:54 PM
Fire Giant

no merge, not now, not ever
Old 09-13-2019, 04:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderfury [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personal preference (and I do stress personal), is that any legacy items (including things from Velious like HEBs) become no-drop upon merge.

Things already no-drop such as guise would be restricted to Old World (no Kunark, Velious).
This is a decent solution, I personally don't want legacy items transferred in at all, but making them no drop would be better than nothing.
Old 09-13-2019, 05:02 PM
Fire Giant

Very cheesy that Guises will be owned by characters brought to blue who are 10 or 11 years newer than characters native to blue that had/have no opportunity to ever get because they joined 8 months or so after the blue server was initially created. Max cheese factor and just a terrible idea.
Old 09-13-2019, 05:04 PM
Kobold

Blue's going to be pretty irrelevant after Green comes out. They may as well make it a fun-server.
Old 09-13-2019, 05:07 PM
Fire Giant

The draw of green should be to start at an even playing field with everyone at the same time.

The draw of green should not be the opportunity to smuggle legacy items back to blue.
Old 09-13-2019, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The draw of green should be to start at an even playing field with everyone at the same time.

The draw of green should not be the opportunity to smuggle legacy items back to blue.
Sweet sweet blood manastones coming right for ya.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-13-2019, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very cheesy that Guises will be owned by characters brought to blue who are 10 or 11 years newer than characters native to blue that had/have no opportunity to ever get because they joined 8 months or so after the blue server was initially created. Max cheese factor and just a terrible idea.
Yes ... if your assessment of "cheese", and good or bad ideas, is based on whether your Blue-created (but after Classic era) character can get a Guise or Manastone.

On the other hand, if you care about ... you know ... the entire rest of the game ... then the tiny tiny detail of whether your Blue character, who "grew up" on a server with unclassic benefits, can ever get a classic pre-nerfed item, and only the players who "put in the effort" in a hard/classic environment can ... is of almost no significance.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-13-2019 at 05:21 PM..
Closed Thread