Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 10:33 AM
Fire Giant

Default Can someone quickly explain UI changes?

Hi all, old time P99er here, quit last year, will probably come back for Green. I always keep an eye on the site to see patches and stuff, I saw the big patch a few days ago, unzipped it and logged in. Noticed no pet window and no "2nd HotBar" so you basically have only 10 buttons and have to Shift + 2 to get to any extra buttons you wanna use (hard to go back, but how it was when I Rememebr it, haha).

Is there any other UI Changes that I didnt notice? Also I saw a bunch of those changes are going to be "era specific" , does that mean UI will change as the Green timeline moves? I just want to be prepared when I come back, since I am still real busy at work and hope to have some free time again when the summer season is over and come back to play some classic EQ.

Cheers.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi all, old time P99er here, quit last year, will probably come back for Green. I always keep an eye on the site to see patches and stuff, I saw the big patch a few days ago, unzipped it and logged in. Noticed no pet window and no "2nd HotBar" so you basically have only 10 buttons and have to Shift + 2 to get to any extra buttons you wanna use (hard to go back, but how it was when I Rememebr it, haha).

Is there any other UI Changes that I didnt notice? Also I saw a bunch of those changes are going to be "era specific" , does that mean UI will change as the Green timeline moves? I just want to be prepared when I come back, since I am still real busy at work and hope to have some free time again when the summer season is over and come back to play some classic EQ.

Cheers.
Hi,

Only 10 buttons, more than 6 (or what velious is supposed to have?)
As far as shift usage, I thought there as a arrow on the box to click back and forth though them.
As far as UI shifting on Green, I highly doubt that. They would probably use whatever they have working here last that is closest to original. The titanium UI was not it, it was hot garbage. But that is what they had to start with and work their way backward.

I would imagine for new players that never played in era that they probably thought Titanium was classic. It was not.
Old 09-10-2019, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

+1 for the 'you were never using an in-era client to start with' point.
Old 09-10-2019, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

The master "EQ" button was disabled, so now you have to press ALT-O to bring up the options window. Window Selector (Alt-W) doesn't seem available anymore. Friend window seems gone as well.

My interpretation of the patch notes is that "green" will be restricted to 6 hotbuttons per page until Velious launches, and will be restricted to the Velious-style UI until the November/December 2001 period (ie, end of that server's progression lifespan).

Danth
Closed Thread