Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 11:49 PM
Planar Protector

Default peacebringer or Imbued Fighters Staff?

Ive been trying to buy an IFS now that i have saved up 5k, but i think since this last patch, no one wants to sell. So i am thinking about just going with a peacebringer, they seem to be a little less expensive and more commonly sold.

Should I be patient and wait for an IFS or just go peacebringer? Also, I am level 34, so would it be better to just drop the PP on a 1 handed weapon now, and it will be useable and better than 2hb past 50?
Old 09-14-2019, 06:20 AM
Sarnak

monk weaps are all going insanely high right now because monks are officially the most OP dps class on server for the foreseeable future. Tstaff jumped 20k in price, I wouldnt be shocked to see these other lower tier staves going 15k+ atm
Old 09-14-2019, 08:02 AM
Fire Giant

lol nice price drive

Actual: No. Monk weapons are common and cheap.
Old 09-14-2019, 08:06 AM
Planar Protector

Peacebringer and Imbued Fighters Staff are nearly equivalent as weapons. You'd need a log parser to tell the difference. With that in mind I like IFS a little better simply because it weighs 4 instead of the 10 weight of PB. Either of them will serve perfectly well all the way to 60 if necessary.

At level 34 the ~200P wu's quivering staff is still more than adequate so don't feel like you have to rush.

Danth
Old 09-14-2019, 08:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
monk weaps are all going insanely high right now because monks are officially the most OP dps class on server for the foreseeable future. Tstaff jumped 20k in price, I wouldnt be shocked to see these other lower tier staves going 15k+ atm
This is 100% false. Last night Tstaff was being auctioned in tunnel for 50k with no one buying (10k increase but no buyers jumping all over it).

I bought a IFS for 4k the day after the patch. I haven’t seen Peacebringer price change at all.
Old 09-14-2019, 08:48 AM
Sarnak

First, there is no real price jump. Dude was selling one for 48k and wasn't able to sell a few nights ago.

Second, IFS is better than Peacebringer imo.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:37 AM
Orc

Just be patient those are still going at normal prices i think, tstaff jumped.

Personally I think the IFS is what you want in a 2H - hits hard and slower to avoid chewing yourself apart on damage shields & ripostes. You'll do fine with a Wu's 2h until you're in your 40's anyway.

For 1h pair I'd go with jade mace + knuckleduster as a cheap setup till you get epic.
Old 09-14-2019, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Update: Just got a message from someone saying he would sell me an IFS for 5000pp which is what I was offering, so ya they are still going for normal pricing. Just doesnt seem to be a lot of movement on these items as of now.
Old 09-14-2019, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

With 2x calc:
IFS with new dmg bonus comes out to 2.75
PB is 2.8333
TStaff is only 2.9

With 3x calc:
IFS with new dmg bonus comes out to 3.7
PB is 3.767
TStaff is only 3.867

All 3 will outperform epic and scepter of mastery. They’re all 3 very close but...

PB is heavy as hell
TStaff also heavy as hell but has that proc
PB is ugly as sin
IFS is light and better looking

If it were me I’d save 6 weight and use and IFS. You’ll take less damage if tanking and have stronger ripostes.

One thing to note about WQS is that at delay 27 it only has a dmg bonus of 12. Delay 28 has a 28 dmg bonus.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 09-14-2019 at 11:24 AM..
Old 09-14-2019, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With 2x calc:
IFS with new dmg bonus comes out to 2.75
PB is 2.8333
TStaff is only 2.9

With 3x calc:
IFS with new dmg bonus comes out to 3.7
PB is 3.767
TStaff is only 3.867

One thing to note about WQS is that at delay 27 it only has a dmg bonus of 12. Delay 28 has a 28 dmg bonus.
so you mean to tell me Tstaff does only 2.6% more damage than PB but costs 46K more? Not worth the money IMO if thats the case

Wu's Quivering staff has delay of 28, but nonetheless why such a big jump from 27 to 28 delay for the damage bonus? Is there a table or something that shows these bonuses?

It seems like the main hand damage bonus on the PB over-performs the delay bonus on the IFS even though the IFS has a slightly better ratio.