Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 05:53 AM
Planar Protector

Default Green, /list and guising your alts

How is this going to work? Can you camp the mob on a /list camp, then when it's your turn and you finally get your item, can you log in your level 1 twink your dragged / ressed there and loot the guise?

What about your other alts? Are you forever banned from the camp or can simply get added to the end of the list again, with the same character, to camp the guise for your other alt?

I think these questions will inevitably surface very quickly after launch, so might as well make it clear for everyone now.

Side note: /list on Blue would be nice, if it works well on Green. Think of Scout and similar places...
Old 09-14-2019, 08:14 AM
Planar Protector

Clarification/confirmation would be nice but the way the post was worded it suggests you'd need to do the camp on the character you want to loot the item on, especially given P99 players' cultural tendency to want to put their alternate characters on different accounts. I don't see how an automated system could tell that a different character on a different account is the same person.

Danth
Old 09-14-2019, 08:16 AM
Banned

If you have to stay ONLINE. you'll have to find someone to kill the mob for you if your alt cant solo it themselves. They also need to be of appropriate level and have it be their turn for loot. As well as not afk.

There is mention of one per player. But that is probably a character or harsher account limitation.

I say no clarification because it only leads to people crying salty tears which are used to fuel the CSR team.
Make us figure it out by playing, shit's classic.
Last edited by Demoraliser; 09-14-2019 at 08:19 AM..
Old 09-14-2019, 09:09 AM
Planar Protector

This doesn't compute. The guise is nodrop and some classes have little use for it. Not to mention all dark elves. So sooner or later someone will kill the mob and the guise will drop but they won't want to loot it.
Now what, it must rot, even though there are people standing around who want it? Sounds wrong.

Paging @rogean @nilbog for clarification!
Old 09-14-2019, 09:33 AM
Planar Protector

Definitely need some clarification there; Nilbog's forum post indicated such description will indeed be forthcoming. Simplest implementation would be if nobody's on the list then said corpse simply opens to everyone as normal. If someone IS on the list then by definition there's someone standing there waiting to loot said item.

Danth
Old 09-14-2019, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

It would be a bit of a bummer if you could only get a mask for your main basically. Its not very everquest to not be able to use your main to get items yourself by getting em to the camp, killing the mob on your own, and then looting the no drop treasure with your alt.

But, that said, it would reduce the chance that I'd have a mask on every single level 1 class by the time green got transferred to blue, so i guess it helps reduce the amount of darkelfs running around.

So to that end I guess its a good idea.

I dont want to main a druid though and I may if there is a chance that I will only have the time to level up 1 character guise farm status, so great job, you increased the number of druids on the server with this solution! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Idk, whatever they chose I'm fine with, but I think the list should just be a server side GUI and players must follow it under threat of ban if they knowingly skip anyone.
Old 09-14-2019, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

Again, people presuming they are super geniuses and declaring the mechanic broken because they can think up a few edge cases.

Calm the fuck down.

1) You aren't that smart
2) The devs aren't idiots
Old 09-14-2019, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again, people presuming they are super geniuses and declaring the mechanic broken because they can think up a few edge cases.

Calm the fuck down.

1) You aren't that smart
2) The devs aren't idiots
3) wow but you sure are.

This is serverchat not RNF
Old 09-14-2019, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

Did you even read the dev post about it? You need to be lvl appropriate and be online and in the zone / near the camp to get on the list.

Your lvl 1 alt not logged in doesnt quality for any of that.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Definitely need some clarification there; Nilbog's forum post indicated such description will indeed be forthcoming. Simplest implementation would be if nobody's on the list then said corpse simply opens to everyone as normal. If someone IS on the list then by definition there's someone standing there waiting to loot said item.

Danth
Say there are 3 players in lower guk waiting on the evil eye to spawn and they are on the list (as player 1 2 and 3 in that order) out of curiosity how would one solve this issue:

player 1 kills mob loots item, name is removed from list.

player 2 waits for mob to spawn, is level appropriate, but not capable of killing it and just stands there.

Player 3 gets impatient and kills the mob, player 2 gets to loot the item?

:thinking emoji:

Edit: I guess a engage timer? That'll do it. Move to resolved!
Last edited by Jibartik; 09-14-2019 at 10:08 AM..
Closed Thread