Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 11:39 PM
Planar Protector

Default Level 35 range exp, road less traveled (9 pm Pacific ST)

Hey there. Im trying to set up a group for exp and good times in lesser explored/frequented areas. The level range is approximately 35, and I'm looking for suggestions on where to go.

I was thinking Mistmoore, high keep..... just kidding

Maybe a group at the Sarnaks fortress in Loio?
Droga or Nurga
Frozen Shadow
Kaesora
Runnyeye
Cazic thule
Dalnir

Send me a tell in game if you are interested, my chars are in my signature.
Last edited by Topgunben; 09-14-2019 at 11:53 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-15-2019, 12:46 AM
Planar Protector

I strongly recommend working your way up ToFs for the full experience until you guys are tired of farming Tserrina you're right at a great start to start digging your way through all that cool content! Its really cool.
Old 09-15-2019, 01:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I strongly recommend working your way up ToFs for the full experience until you guys are tired of farming Tserrina you're right at a great start to start digging your way through all that cool content! Its really cool.
this is one zone ive never been to. I dont even know how to get in, as i was just outside of it the other day with my druid quadding Drivish's and couldnt see the enterance.
Old 09-15-2019, 02:27 AM
Banned

here is a hint 35-40
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-15-2019, 03:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoraliser [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
here is a hint 35-40
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Najena or SolA? i dont know honestly
Old 09-15-2019, 03:57 AM
Planar Protector

I second tofs, but maybe befriend a competent high level cleric with keys first. Or be prepared to pay to have at least your key master's corpse summoned.

If your group's keymaster dies CR can be tricky.
Old 09-15-2019, 05:44 AM
Sarnak

ToFS is a terrible place for xp and, if you're unlucky, you'll be grinding green content for hours before you can move on up. I know that the key to Tserrina's floor can take days to farm. Still, it has its charm, but if you're going in with more than a duo you might find yourself waiting for spawns ... and keys ... and spawns ... and ah, why are we here?! Edit: one big con for ToFS is that the higher floors are usually camped by high levels. I'd seriously take that into consideration.

The Mines of Nurga are awesome for a group in the 35 range. As long as you got someone that can lull (enchanter, bard, or even a paladin or cleric for max range crit resist lulls for single/duo pulls) you'll be golden. Charming makes the place trivial. There are so many mobs that you should never run out of stuff to kill. You can roll into Droga right on after. Droga is definitely harder, with more clustered groups of mobs and plenty of roamers.

Kaesora might come a little early at 35, but at 37-39 it is probably the best place for xp in the game. You can grind all the way up to 42 or even 44 there. It is definitely more dangerous and lethal than Nurga, but the xp! THE XP!

Cazic Thule is a stinker. Mobs heal through walls and oh, there are high-level clerics everywhere, so yes. Have fun.

You've already outleveled Runnyeye, so that's a no go. Dalnir? Maybe deeper inside?

I'd suggest Crystal Caverns, as it might be one of the best looking zones in-game, but not every one is a fan of the spider tunnels way down in the back [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by fugazi; 09-15-2019 at 05:46 AM..
Old 09-15-2019, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ToFS is a terrible place for xp and, if you're unlucky, you'll be grinding green content for hours before you can move on up. I know that the key to Tserrina's floor can take days to farm. Still, it has its charm, but if you're going in with more than a duo you might find yourself waiting for spawns ... and keys ... and spawns ... and ah, why are we here?! Edit: one big con for ToFS is that the higher floors are usually camped by high levels. I'd seriously take that into consideration.

The Mines of Nurga are awesome for a group in the 35 range. As long as you got someone that can lull (enchanter, bard, or even a paladin or cleric for max range crit resist lulls for single/duo pulls) you'll be golden. Charming makes the place trivial. There are so many mobs that you should never run out of stuff to kill. You can roll into Droga right on after. Droga is definitely harder, with more clustered groups of mobs and plenty of roamers.

Kaesora might come a little early at 35, but at 37-39 it is probably the best place for xp in the game. You can grind all the way up to 42 or even 44 there. It is definitely more dangerous and lethal than Nurga, but the xp! THE XP!

Cazic Thule is a stinker. Mobs heal through walls and oh, there are high-level clerics everywhere, so yes. Have fun.

You've already outleveled Runnyeye, so that's a no go. Dalnir? Maybe deeper inside?

I'd suggest Crystal Caverns, as it might be one of the best looking zones in-game, but not every one is a fan of the spider tunnels way down in the back [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We gave Runnyeye a try last night. Just my monk and a shaman getting some exp on greens and some blues. It still is a dangerous place even with our level advantage, pre-kunark dungeons like runneyeye have their charm, but even back in 1999 I don’t remember it being a noteworthy place to go.

I’m going to give TOFS a shot. I wish there was a closer bond for my monk, but with FD hopefully I won’t need it.
Old 09-15-2019, 03:29 PM
Aviak

Both ToFS and Cazic Thule are very FUN crawls if that is your priority, all things else aside. Keep the group moving and you'll have a good time!
Old 09-16-2019, 01:42 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I’m going to give TOFS a shot. I wish there was a closer bond for my monk, but with FD hopefully I won’t need it.
Melee can bind on the docks in IC near the gnomes. Very convenient for doing TOFS.
Closed Thread