Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 08-14-2014, 07:27 AM
Planar Protector

Default Channeling is broken

I assume this is affecting both servers, but something has been changed with channeling to allow a chance for a normal hit to guarantee interrupt. On live standing in a corner meant a mob/player had to bash you or get in the corner behind you to keep you from channeling.

I started noticing this powerleveling with a level 60 caster in low level zones when a mob would land a single <10 dmg hit on me and interrupt me. Its most obvious when standing in a tight corner, without levitate and being interrupted 3-4x in a row by mobs that can barely damage me.

Its not right. Channeling afaik should be tied directly to how far you are from the place you were originally standing when you start casting a spell. The farther you were moved, the more susceptible you become to interrupts. The higher your channeling, the more you could be moved and still regain concentration.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:04 AM
Planar Protector

This is correct. Channeling should do a check at beginning and end of casting and check the change in distance. Making corner tanking very viable since you can't move. Forcing a bash to interrupt.

On this server though melee hits are interrupting when in a corner. Ill try to pull some evidence from old guides on channeling in a bit.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:00 AM
Developer

Red has some code in there that melee hits contribute to interrupts. It does not look like player melee against player is doing actual push.

Blue and red are doing stuff different for channeling.

H
Old 11-19-2014, 01:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red has some code in there that melee hits contribute to interrupts. It does not look like player melee against player is doing actual push.

Blue and red are doing stuff different for channeling.

H
This is actually two separate issues.

Stun and regains

and

Melee pushback.

Here the problem with stun is that it is allowing a player to regain if the casting spell is longer than the stun duration.

For Example:

I cast a five second spell, you bash 1 second into the spell, I'm stunned for 2 seconds but the spell still can regain because the casting bar is still going.

Once stunned you should never regain the spell you are casting.

As for melee pushback it seems to be set far to high here than it was on live. Like 75% higher than it was on live. To the same effect spell pushback is set far too low and regains are almost at 95%. On live spells with pushback like shock of lightning, poison dots, etc were much much more reliable in interrupting casting. Also when a player is rooted they cannot be pushbacked. Here you can still be pushed while rooted. I remember people used to buy bark potions to channel gates for the root effect.

Dullah is also correct in the fact that there is something in melee attacks that seems to be interrupting even when you're position doesn't change. This can easily be tested by first fixing root. Root should lock you in your location and you shouldn't move at all. Once that is fixed you can test melee pushback interrupting casting, if it does something is off.
Last edited by Burgerking; 11-19-2014 at 01:51 PM..
Old 08-14-2014, 09:40 AM
Banned

noticed people regaining concentration from bashes yesterday also

this broke a patch or two ago and was fixed I believe, might have undone
Old 08-14-2014, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

Ya melee is supposed to push, not just randomly interrupt. Should be the same for pvp and pve.

Right now both standing in corner tanking mobs/players and starting a spell in a corner and running around with a player hitting you and running back (corner casting) will still mean you get interrupted. Both of those scenarios should be a guaranteed cast permitted you don't get stunned.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya melee is supposed to push, not just randomly interrupt. Should be the same for pvp and pve.

Right now both standing in corner tanking mobs/players and starting a spell in a corner and running around with a player hitting you and running back (corner casting) will still mean you get interrupted. Both of those scenarios should be a guaranteed cast permitted you don't get stunned.
agreed
Old 08-14-2014, 11:10 AM
Developer

I know how push is coded for mobs on pc. It may not be there for pc on pc. Since i wrote the push code, i dont remember adding for player vs player.

Will look at bash, since i am one who keeps breaking it.

H
Old 08-14-2014, 02:19 PM
Banned

melee push in pvp 100% works btw
Old 08-14-2014, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
melee push in pvp 100% works btw
Yes. Have raptured and locked down players to zero movement and melee push has caused them to zone