Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 05:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Current blue is a beta test of the real Project 1999, where dev fixes bugs and makes sure every single official change is connected to an era so the patches that changed gameplay during the targeted time period will happen automatically and everything is complete recreation of EverQuest from launch to just before Luclin.

The recycle server people talk about is going to be Project 1999 as envisioned by the project founders and dev team. That is the pristine museum piece. We're just the experimental test subjects. :P

That said, research thoroughly and bug report all the things!
You are correct. This test server however, unlike all test servers in the history of forever, will not be wiped.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va1entines [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel casuals want a environment that they will fair to them, but that will never happen on classic everquest. You can create a new server every month... and sry casuals you will never be the top teir you strive for. You are awarded based soley on time served.
No, no, you see, they keep thinking if they have a brand new server everyone will be "equal."
Old 09-01-2016, 09:38 PM
Fire Giant

You are retarded if you think they're going to wipe blue. Sirken stated on many streams they would never ever wipe the blue server nice troll though kid

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 09-01-2016, 09:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. They wont wipe blue.
2. Yes it would sustain but now with even more neckbeards then p99 had when it started so everything thats valuable would be camped by the same people for the existence of them dropping(manastone,Guise) and raid mobs would be cleared within a month of it opening and nothing would really be different from blue other then the extended timeline that it has had.
Players' inability to grasp this reality indicates their addiction. There's always a mitigating factor that prevents the player from having "been a contendah". If they just had a fair shot... they could do X, Y and Z, too.

In a community this insular, as long as their will holds out, the same folks rule any new server. It's not like it's going to be hidden from the players with the most time to invest and the straightest path to influence. The only time I have ever seen the balance of power shift in the whole P99 community comes down to a few things: a) current top dogs burn out because b) a new group of people are willing to double down on the known tactics to tire out the status quo, or c) a pile of people get banned for cheating.

The map is out. Nothing will change. That's not necessarily good or bad. It simply is the way it is.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:55 PM
Fire Giant

My big question is will the original elite (no I am not one of them, I've never been elite on this server except at tunnelquest lol) rule a refresh server once again. Unless memory fails, the original crew that formed the server's first guild, Rusty Long Swords, then Fine Long Swords, then became IB, are the original elite. and didn't they continue tin various incarnations to dominate the server at times? (at others being surpassed, for whatever reasons).
Old 09-01-2016, 10:02 PM
Fire Giant

Perhaps. I've seen in Live a couple of server splits and the big boys reacted in different ways.

At times, they were invested in their current server and wanted to stay. It is difficult to manage the migration of a large guild, especially in early live when the transfer of your toon across servers was anything but smooth. These types of guilds wanted to keep their machine firing on all cylinders because they already had their current server where they wanted it.

Another kind of group of elites were folks near the top of their server, but hadn't been able to break through to content controlled (or only achieved thus far) by the biggest group on the current server. This sort of 'Beta' elite always seemed to view a new server as the shot they were looking for.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagaidh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Players' inability to grasp this reality indicates their addiction. There's always a mitigating factor that prevents the player from having "been a contendah". If they just had a fair shot... they could do X, Y and Z, too.

In a community this insular, as long as their will holds out, the same folks rule any new server. It's not like it's going to be hidden from the players with the most time to invest and the straightest path to influence. The only time I have ever seen the balance of power shift in the whole P99 community comes down to a few things: a) current top dogs burn out because b) a new group of people are willing to double down on the known tactics to tire out the status quo, or c) a pile of people get banned for cheating.

The map is out. Nothing will change. That's not necessarily good or bad. It simply is the way it is.
Some of us didn't hear about P99 til well into Kunark bro. So for some people those things do change who owns what.

More to the point...some people actually like progression. I don't necessarily want to sock a guise, but I do want to be in a guild in scrappy gear trying to solo Naggy the first time, when we're all 50s doing the encounter the way it was designed to be done.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:37 PM
Banned

please wipe it Clean 201Green
Old 09-02-2016, 02:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRayken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every single video game in the history of mankind is about
Collecting X
Going to Y
Defeating Z

You can literally break down every game if you want, and use the same logic. Every video game is a factory.
No. Good games present meaningful choices and engage you in some kind of special way. Not just doing something pointless in order to waste time.
Old 09-02-2016, 03:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by brecon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some of us didn't hear about P99 til well into Kunark bro. So for some people those things do change who owns what.

More to the point...some people actually like progression. I don't necessarily want to sock a guise, but I do want to be in a guild in scrappy gear trying to solo Naggy the first time, when we're all 50s doing the encounter the way it was designed to be done.
Oh I'm with you in personal play style. I'm simply stating what will happen if another P99 server opens and the inability of others to accept that.

I can see your point though, and it's a good one. There will be those moments you and yours can win and feel great about on the journey. I do feel fortunate that I got here so long ago. There have been good times, and dark times, but the earlier days of this server were a little less prescribed. It was great. Thank you for reminding me.