Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Screenshots

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 02:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandeX [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
robe common
tunic uncommon
staff rare

http://eq.magelo.com/npc/99368
You are wrong!

http://replay.waybackmachine.org/200...=6360&start=50

-----------

Pricey By: Anonymous
Posted @ Sat, May 12th 7:43 PM 2001 Score: Default[1.50]
Sites listed Fungus Tunic as very rare. Players list it as very common. On my server, the tunic sells for around 80k. If it's very common, my 59 enchanter better get in a group and kill that king to twink up my new warrior eh?

------------

RE: Pricey By: Anonymous
Posted @ Tue, May 22nd 5:03 PM 2001 Score: Default[2.00]
This is the common drop...but the King is very rare, and the camp is VERY hard to hold

-------------

King Tactics By: TheloniusMonk,
44 posts
Posted @ Thu, Apr 12th 10:44 PM 2001 Score: Excellent[4.80]
First off getting here is a pain. You can bypass the teleport room out tho.

Get into the Shroom area and move down the hallway to the right. You may or may not have to fight 1-3 roamers.

King and 2 others are on a platform. King spawns in middle.

You can set up opposite from the watery / open area against the wall. Be forewarned that sometimes MOB's will get healed thru the wall, so it is a careful balancing act to avoid fighting to close to roamers or in the wall.

* IF * the King is pulled you must get on him. Do NOT attempt to mez him. Perhaps a 60 Shaman or Enchanter could stop / slow him, we didn't have the luxury.

We had following party:
57 Enchanter
58/59 Bard
56 Paladin (Our tank)
55 Cleric
56 Mage
55 Monk (Yours truly)

Critical that the 55's con everything. Enchanter needed to know because of spell choice.

The Fungal is great for reducing downtime and combined with group / ind Chloro/Regrowth provides nice regen.

We killed King 4 times: 3 Tunics, 1 Robe.

Thelonius Monk

------------

And there are a ton of other people saying the drop is common on the page 3.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/i...em=2036&page=3

-------

Post Message
since nerf..
Posted: 2002-02-20 03:45:04 | Quote | Reply to Post | Follow
Trexate
6 posts
Score: Decent
So the drop rate has dropped, i heard that it hasn't even dropped once in the past 2 weeks. Anyone contradict this rumor?
Zeb's prices are at a firm 35k. Saw one or two for 40k on auctions. Mostly there are 100 people WTB fungi.

----------

Link to this post reduced
Posted: 2002-02-19 14:30:49 | Quote | Reply to Post | Follow
Friar crisiscbd

50 posts
Score: Decent
The drop rate of this has been reduced in a patch not too long ago. Prices going back up to around 40k on Povar
----------------------------
Crisis

More people confirming common drop rate:

http://www.monkly-business.net/forum...fungus+covered

Post #15 has someone saying drop has been nerfed to rare. Dated Feb 7 2002.
This time frame is similar to what peopled mentioned on allakhazam.com

-----------------------

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a mention of the nerf in the patch notes. Must have been ninja'd in. I have spent many hours at the camp back in 2001 and I am 100% certain it is the common.

Asher
Old 04-14-2011, 12:40 PM
Aviak

I am not wrong, it has nothing to do with me at all.... that is magelo. Data is harvested from live servers, not random people's impression of how often something drops like the stuff posted on Allas.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandeX [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not wrong, it has nothing to do with me at all.... that is magelo. Data is harvested from live servers, not random people's impression of how often something drops like the stuff posted on Allas.
No, you are wrong. Unfortunately, SoE didn't always note every small detail and modification they made. If you were playing the game around prior to Feb 2002 you would know that the drop was common. I am well aware that it is currently his uncommon drop.

This is as good as the proof is going to get and usually if there is proof listed on multiple sites from multiple people around the same time period that is enough. I am sure that at least one of the Devs will know that this item was a common drop during the Kunark/velious period.

Speaking of which I should probably repost all of that in bugs so they will fix it.

Asher
Last edited by Asher; 04-14-2011 at 01:04 PM..
Old 04-27-2011, 03:25 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At first Marley was like [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] but then [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You hit the fucking jackpot here baby.
Closed Thread