Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2020, 03:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Willsapper and Wavecrasher are great aggro weapons within reach of any raiding guild.
vaniki is super easy to grab, just wait for another guild to fte it and as long as their kite has more than 4 mobs you can rip it off
Old 04-20-2020, 03:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
vaniki is super easy to grab, just wait for another guild to fte it and as long as their kite has more than 4 mobs you can rip it off
I am going to guess this is a TSS spokesperson they are famous for this exact reasoning/action. #TSSgetsnorespect
Old 04-20-2020, 03:47 PM
Sarnak

Also no ones posted the price changes how expensive are root nets, mallets, prayers now ? I am curious about those items and also it's going to make vyemm, tunare, aow tank changes pretty rough.
Old 04-20-2020, 05:30 PM
Kobold

I vividly remember it being the norm for other melee classes to stand there waiting for a number of seconds (10 -20) before auto attacking a mob that the tank was on. And I dont just mean warriors, I'm talking paladins and shadow knights too. That's always how the game was played 21 years ago.
Old 04-20-2020, 05:52 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Telling DPS to hold DPS is like spitting into the wind.
It may not all come back and hit you in the face but there will always be those few DPS who doesn't listen causing droplets of spittle to gust across the raid's face.
Fun fact, there is a WoW raid boss with a mechanic, I forget the name, where attacking it during X time will reflect all damage back on you. After the first two or four wipes, surprisingly you'll find people can learn to stop attacking.

I'll take even a step further! There have been at least 3 raid bosses in WoW where players had to keep their backs turned to it or risk wiping the raid.

I'm with you though, Baler. Asking EQ players who think they're "L33T" when they've been playing with a handicap is very hard.

Baritune - level 60 Bard
Weegee - level 40 Wizard

Representing the Sanctuary Guild as an officer. We're a group friendly red players looking enjoy Project99 without the shackles of the blue servers rules!
Old 04-20-2020, 06:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clazxiss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fun fact, there is a WoW raid boss with a mechanic, I forget the name, where attacking it during X time will reflect all damage back on you. After the first two or four wipes, surprisingly you'll find people can learn to stop attacking.

I'll take even a step further! There have been at least 3 raid bosses in WoW where players had to keep their backs turned to it or risk wiping the raid.

I'm with you though, Baler. Asking EQ players who think they're "L33T" when they've been playing with a handicap is very hard.
Slamming p99 players is one thing, bringing up wow in this context like you did though.. if I had a jug of gas and a match you would go up like a dry Christmas tree.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:11 PM
Planar Protector

It's about fucking time - great change to the servers
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 04-20-2020, 08:15 PM
Banned

There was the OoW boss with the mask that was 1337 ) I believe he was a pretty big deal b4 wow got there.
Old 04-20-2020, 09:17 PM
Kobold

end boss in anguish is what your thinking of....also to the guy thinking nullify is hate rofl, its literally the third lowest hate you can aggro a mob with, behind creeping up and sitting, followed by creeping up not sitting (sit move closer sit etc)
Old 04-20-2020, 09:30 PM
Banned

i always keep a lvl 1 spell in the front of my book
Closed Thread