Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2020, 10:49 AM
Sarnak

OK, thanks for the responses, you all convinced me, will create the same 3 toons on Blue also. I don't mind to solo. Actually, I like it, since I don't need to worry about being the reason for group wipe.

Which one is the most popular UI?
Does Blue has the same naming policy or it is a little bit more relaxed?
Any other Blue specific tips new player should know?
Last edited by pivo; 05-10-2020 at 10:55 AM..
Old 05-10-2020, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathusurper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tl;Dr - Why is Blue better?

Because who wants to restart/level another character after 7+ years of playing, not knowing what will happen to their Green character once the Green timeline is finished?
/raise

I have never played pre-Kunark EQ before. I had never had a chance at legacy items before (scooped some up). I had never had a chance to use some of the pre-Kunark gear before because once Kunark comes out, certain classic gear sucks by comparison. I'm having fun!

And we know what will happen to the Green characters when the Green timeline finishes. They get copied over to Blue so we can continue playing them; and the Green server is wiped and starts anew. It's amazing some people don't understand this plan yet. Some people will keep playing their characters from Green 1.0 on Blue; some will roll again on Green 2.0. Eternal classic EQ as long as you feel like playing it.

OP, I think one of the reason you see people posting about how great Blue is is that they want a bigger population there. They're trying to positively affect the server on which they play. I can relate.

And some people might post about Blue even more than others do about Green, since the popularity of Green speaks for itself. It seems to be about 125-150% of Blue's population most of the time; there were over 2k players at certain points; and I suspect the population will be above 2k again during early Kunark. Green doesn't really need more players...it's a bit snug already. XD
Old 05-10-2020, 12:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/raise

And we know what will happen to the Green characters when the Green timeline finishes. They get copied over to Blue so we can continue playing them; and the Green server is wiped and starts anew. It's amazing some people don't understand this plan yet.
You're wrong. This was the ORIGINAL idea, but apparently enough people complained that Rogen posted that this might not happen, so it is NOT guaranteed that toons will roll to blue as was original stated.
Last edited by Ghost of Starman; 05-10-2020 at 12:25 PM..
Old 05-10-2020, 12:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Starman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually you're wrong. This was the ORIGINAL idea, but apparently enough people complained that Rogen posted that this might not happen, so it is NOT guaranteed that toons will roll to blue as was original stated.
Actually it was a quote from Nilbog, which I pasted below. This is the latest info I've seen regarding a potential merge

Server Merge - The staff has had considerable discussion internally regarding the merging of Green into Blue at the end of the timeline. We've heard your concerns. At this time, we haven't made a final decision, but we have also decided that we will leave the door open. A lot can change in 3 years, and we may chose to leave Green running independently as we open additional servers in the future.
Old 05-10-2020, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Either way is cool with me.
Old 05-10-2020, 12:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Starman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually it was a quote from Nilbog, which I pasted below. This is the latest info I've seen regarding a potential merge

Server Merge - The staff has had considerable discussion internally regarding the merging of Green into Blue at the end of the timeline. We've heard your concerns. At this time, we haven't made a final decision, but we have also decided that we will leave the door open. A lot can change in 3 years, and we may chose to leave Green running independently as we open additional servers in the future.
Can you link that thread?
Old 05-10-2020, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

I’ve spent 7 years on blue...So I’m kinda attached to my characters.

Green was fun at release, but I quickly became turned off by the community. Blue has a more laid back feel for me and resembles the Everquest I remember a little better. The competitiveness in Everquest is fine, but it feels overboard on new servers and I don’t enjoy the overwhelming amount of aggression that stems from it all. I play eq to chill out not compete over pixels and blue is more that vibe.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 05-10-2020 at 01:10 PM..
Old 05-10-2020, 01:15 PM
Orc

I just came back from a few months break; the last I saw was the nilbog quote you gave. And what I was getting at, was this inparticular:

"At this time, we haven't made a final decision"
Old 05-10-2020, 07:34 PM
Kobold

Because, at the end of the day Green is just Beta for Green 2.
Old 05-10-2020, 08:19 PM
Sarnak

People saying 'green is toxic' are probably the toxic ones.

Green is great, teal was even better. I started on Green on day one and I've encountered approximately zero toxicity.

If you want toxicity, head into the raid scene or simply browse this forum.
Closed Thread