Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 08:50 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Returning to the Glory Days

Wow, I only just found out about this place. I'm just waiting for my Titanium to install right now.

I havn't played EQ1 since about 2001. I'm so excited to come back and relive it.

That said are there any glaring differences between the game as it was and P99?
Old 01-17-2015, 05:01 AM
Kobold

Welcome! This is indeed an exciting place to be [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'd say that generally there are more similarities than differences between Classic EQ and P99. Most noticeable differences are that on P99 you have item linking, Post-classic sky gfx, somewhat different resist mechanics, low level twinks with epics (immersion killer #1) and obviously different UI options (since the client is Titanium). You can "fix" this by using a custom downloadable Velious UI.

Since the server has run for over 5 years now the economy is somewhat off, but for a returning player this is not something you'll have to deal with. Still plenty of low level to find in the market which of course is found in the East Commonlands tunnel.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:28 AM
Planar Protector

Epic twinks is pretty normal in velious era which was 3 years into live.

So considering age of P99 and R99 we are looking normal.

The entire experience is slightly different than live was, but without being able to compare them side by side it is hard to tell. There is no good old hard user interface, only more advanced "superior" but not classic ones. You don't have to stare at the spell book and even though this in Kunark on blue you are able to duck to cancel casting while on red it is classic style and you can't instantly cancel casting with a duck.

Its the best there is. I suggest pvp because server is less toxically congested with raid level players...just more opportunity on red in general.

But you can't lose either way have an awesome time getting back into the game.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:57 AM
Large Bat

Welcome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-17-2015, 08:27 AM
Skeleton

I just started a few days ago and have noticed quite a few twinks, but none running around with their epics, so it's not that common.

The game seems to play pretty much exactly as it did during the Kunark era. There are loads of people also. I've been in a group every night on my iksar monk.

The economy is also pretty spot on. albeit the prices are high, but you can use that to your advantage by selling HQ pelts, bone chips, and spider silk in EC. Just go to the p99 wiki, ecah item has a recent sales history with average prices.

All in all it's been a very positive experience and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for an old school EQ experience.
Closed Thread