Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 07:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default New to P99.

I played EQ back in the day, like way back. I have been reading a few of the pages, for a starting character. which is a good choice. and for raiding purposes I would eventually like to Raid. so is the risk of Red better for raiding?

Enchanter
Cleric
Ranger
Bard
Warrior

I know some of those classes are gear dependent so probably not the best first choice?

Thanks
Old 01-17-2015, 09:09 PM
Kobold

on that list I'd pick bard but theres tons of them. STill fun to play and you can solo effectively naked. IDK how needed they are for raids since there are so many. Clerics are always wanted can prob find groups early on, soloing isn't so great the rest are going to be pains in the ass coz they all need other people to be able to do anything.

but I don't know anything so don't listen to me.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuppy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played EQ back in the day, like way back. I have been reading a few of the pages, for a starting character. which is a good choice. and for raiding purposes I would eventually like to Raid. so is the risk of Red better for raiding?

Enchanter
Cleric
Ranger
Bard
Warrior

I know some of those classes are gear dependent so probably not the best first choice?

Thanks
There will never be a shortage of raid mob engagements. There for the amount of DTS never decrease. Ranger seems pretty solid.

Enchanters used to have a shortage but now there are plenty. They are definitely a solid class. Clerics are generally always wanted and form strong duos/trios.

Play what you enjoy. Getting 30-40 is the hell test and you're going to fair better on a character you enjoy. Tbh there is a surplus of 60s right now. And even if we have some kind of population statistic 4-5 months down the line its gonna be completely different. Ie when I played everyone said enchanters were needed. I played cause it was a really fun class. When I stopped playing like 10 months ago they were still not as popular. Now I log in and everyone has an enchanter.

#nobreezehardenedvet.

IMO play each to level 10 (rip no spells till 9 ranger) and see what clicks the most
Old 01-18-2015, 06:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuppy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Enchanter
Cleric
Ranger
Bard
Warrior

Thanks
All 5 Classes you have picked are believe it or not pretty cheap to gear. Ranger, Warrior weapons specific to them, are cheap as heck.

Bards after a while really don't even need a weapon, or much great gear, just LOTS of songs.

Cleric can be equipped cheap. Just go for mana item not Wiz items below level 35ish. Having a ton of mana or Wis is really not need. No matter how much u have u still run out of it. And the more you have the longer you have to med. So a no win situation.

Enchanter does need a LOT of Charisma items to have Charm hold longer. 200 or better. So put some points in Strength and a LOT of points in Cha.

But other than the Bard, hard to make much plat with others. I never had crap for Plat until I started my Druid. Have, and still do, make a lot with it.

Play what you like, not what is needed. Sucks playing a toon you really don't like. But you can have alts lol. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-18-2015, 04:40 PM
Aviak

Welcome back to Thunderdome! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jigawatts; 01-18-2015 at 04:44 PM..
Old 01-19-2015, 07:35 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Enchanters can solo just about anything they want given the right level. If you are an Enchanter and you are struggling to find a group (rare), provided you develop the skills you will be able to solo with relative ease.
Closed Thread