Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2020, 02:58 PM
Orc

Default Bard Charm Solon's Song of the Sirens - 3 or 4 ticks?

I didn't find the answer anywhere so I'll post here. The wiki shows this song has a duration of 4 ticks but I'm seeing 3 elsewhere when I search. I did some testing and can't really tell due to the way the server/client tick works. Can anyone help? 3 or 4 ticks? Thanks! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-10-2020, 09:55 PM
Planar Protector

Cast it and time its duration:

If it lasts between 12 and 18 seconds every time then it is 3 server ticks. If it lasts between 18 and 24 seconds it is 4 server ticks.

Notice that the lower level charm according to the Wiki isn't listed as 3 or 4 ticks. It is just given as 18 seconds. This is probably wrong, but easy enough to check.
Old 08-11-2020, 03:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satinna
I did some testing and can't really tell due to the way the server/client tick works.
My understanding (based on some light testing) is that different entities can tick at different times, but for any given entity it seems stable, at least over a time frame of a few minutes, in having six seconds between each tick. E.g. entity "a" ticks at 1:00, 1:06, 1:12, 1:18, 1:24... and entity "b" ticks at 1:02, 1:08, 1:14, 1:20...

If you have a tick based spell that gives a worn off message you can use the time stamp of that message to learn when the entity will tick, and use that to calculate when a tick based spell should wear off. E.g. if you cast a 3 tick spell on "b" and it lands at 1:01, you get a free second till it hits a tick at 1:02, then you get the three ticks of duration and it wears off at 1:20. On "a" landing the same spell at the same time nets you 5 free seconds and it wears off at 1:24.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cast it and time its duration:

If it lasts between 12 and 18 seconds every time then it is 3 server ticks. If it lasts between 18 and 24 seconds it is 4 server ticks.
I think 3 tick spells last 18-24 and 4 tick spells 24-30. I measured mesmerize and mesmerization to last within the 24-30 second range, and I am guessing that those spells' wiki duration of 4 ticks is likely correct.
Closed Thread