Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 03:24 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was just talking about this with a friend. This idea that we are all the same is the bedrock of many lefty ideas. Yet it is painfully obvious to anyone with any sense that not all humans are created equally. Certainly all human life should be valued equally but to claim that Darla the overnight cashier is the same as Elon Musk is laughable.

Prudence is an interesting idea, I think he touched in your idea but I would have to dig to find it. Perhaps authority and sanctity makeup what you’re saying. But he for sure mentioned the live and let live mentality lacking on the left.
I think I can actually argue this.
you say daria isn't the same as elon musk yeah?
well in that case let's say 1 of them evaporated into thin air, right?
Would it matter?
Sure elon has way more money than daria, but that money just gets moved around once he's out of the picture.... the same goes with daria but on a much smaller scale.

In this way, you cannot judge a person's worth by the money they make.
I'm not saying all people are equal, because we're clearly not.
I can't draw for shit and other people can fucking Picasso in 30 seconds.
but does that mean their life is worth more than mine? If they are in a constant state of depression that they're trying to spread with their art does that make them more or less valuable?
Can you even put a value on human life? is it something that you can value without resorting to something akin to slavery?
Old 04-18-2019, 09:00 AM
Planar Protector

He said darla, an American name (albeit antiquated). You assumed he typed Daria, a communist name. This is very critical to understanding why many of us don’t agree. Some of us are red blooded Americans with a come and take it attitude. Some of us are cosmopolitans who don’t think there is anything unique or special about post enlightenment Protestant culture, the sole philosophy to result in space flight, vaccines, and blondes, while 88% of the world is still too stupid to prevent transmission of Ebola, a disease requiring coitus with a bleeding corpse to spread (I’m being hyperbolic, I’m aware that is not the actual mechanism for spreading Ebola)

Daria will be in my grandson’s harem when he wears the purple as the first American Augustus, when the Russians and Chinese are annihilated and annexed for their defiance and intransigence. That’s how dad did it. That’s how America does it

Happy Easter. He is risen, and he’s waving the stars and bars
Old 04-18-2019, 10:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was just talking about this with a friend. This idea that we are all the same is the bedrock of many lefty ideas. Yet it is painfully obvious to anyone with any sense that not all humans are created equally. Certainly all human life should be valued equally but to claim that Darla the overnight cashier is the same as Elon Musk is laughable.

Prudence is an interesting idea, I think he touched in your idea but I would have to dig to find it. Perhaps authority and sanctity makeup what you’re saying. But he for sure mentioned the live and let live mentality lacking on the left.

He doesnt touch on prudence though. Ive read it. Its likely because it exists in a blind spot for leftists.

Authority and sanctity dont cover prudence, because sanctity itself has a tipping point where it fall into the category of prudishness/hypochondria/germaphobia/rigidness

Likewise authority doesnt cover the concept of prudence because authority doesnt determine when bravery is foolhardiness, romaticism becomes obsession, confidence becomes arrogance, resolute become obdurate etc
Last edited by Thorondor; 04-18-2019 at 10:54 AM..
Old 04-18-2019, 10:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Certainly all human life should be valued equally but to claim that Darla the overnight cashier is the same as Elon Musk is laughable.
I never claimed any sort of superiority, or heightened worth based on earthly accomplishments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimitto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think I can actually argue this.
you say daria isn't the same as elon musk yeah?
well in that case let's say 1 of them evaporated into thin air, right?
Would it matter?
Sure elon has way more money than daria, but that money just gets moved around once he's out of the picture.... the same goes with daria but on a much smaller scale.

In this way, you cannot judge a person's worth by the money they make.
I'm not saying all people are equal, because we're clearly not.
I can't draw for shit and other people can fucking Picasso in 30 seconds.
but does that mean their life is worth more than mine? If they are in a constant state of depression that they're trying to spread with their art does that make them more or less valuable?
Can you even put a value on human life? is it something that you can value without resorting to something akin to slavery?
Ironic how the one defending the left ideology is the one injecting the idea of money earned as worth discussing here. The difference between Elon and DARLA has nothing to do with how much money they have earned or left behind. It’s has to do with earned knowledge and natural abilities. That is what the left ignores.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorondor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He doesnt touch on prudence though. Ive read it. Its likely because it exists in a blind spot for leftists.

Authority and sanctity dont cover prudence, because sanctity itself has a tipping point where it fall into the category of prudishness/hypochondria/germaphobia/rigidness

Likewise authority doesnt cover the concept of prudence because authority doesnt determine when bravery is foolhardiness, romaticism becomes obsession, confidence becomes arrogance, resolute become obdurate etc
Do you think he did it willfully? Perhaps because he is a lefty and it was a personal blind spot? Or he felt it would come across too critically to the left and was worried about the bottom line?
Old 04-18-2019, 11:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Do you think he did it willfully? Perhaps because he is a lefty and it was a personal blind spot? Or he felt it would come across too critically to the left and was worried about the bottom line?
Its hard to know. In the discussion forums that popped up after the release of TRM Haidt answered number of questions but didnt get around to addressing the concerns i raised regarding the omission of prudence.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
The difference between Elon and DARLA has nothing to do with how much money they have earned or left behind. It’s has to do with earned knowledge and natural abilities. That is what the left ignores.
You have to understand, to a leftist, the only difference worth focusing on is the material successes that you have, and they dont, and how their covetous nature demands "fairness" by stealing what you have.

Its doubly sinful thought.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:27 AM
Banned

Quote:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. (etc)

"Created equal" refers to God-given rights, equal in the sight of God. They're not saying everyone is exactly as athletic, clever, or whatever. I hope in time you'll realize what an idiot you've been.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. (etc)

"Created equal" refers to God-given rights, equal in the sight of God. They're not saying everyone is exactly as athletic, clever, or whatever. I hope in time you'll realize what an idiot you've been.
They say things like gender is a social construct, they say that all races are the same. They say that men and women are the same.

What you are sharing there is exactly what I have been saying, that we should value everyone equally in regards to rights and equality of opportunity. What the left says, and what I don't understand is that we are all the same when it comes to makeup.The left pushes for an equality of outcome, which is indistinguishable from equality of outcome. They are holding the blank-slate belief in human beings. Which is entirely disproven.

Try again, I know this is tough but I dare you to try and find anything that I've said that flies in the face of the Jefferson quote.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:40 AM
Sarnak

i dont know anyone that actually believes that. when you find the strawman youre actually arguing with let him know that i think hes an idiot too.
Closed Thread