Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2020, 11:18 AM
Banned

https://youtu.be/FRZN7IzvCVs?t=56
Fire Giant

Silver Chitin Wristbands aren't too far behind BoBs. Or you could faction with Kael and farm/buy Warlord's Bracers.
Planar Protector

Getting Krystaps to level 60 would help you immensely more than getting two BoB's.
Old 05-05-2020, 11:20 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Getting Krystaps to level 60 would help you immensely more than getting two BoB's.
^^ This X100
Old 05-05-2020, 11:20 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuckshit22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hi im new to eq. will winning scout rolls make my ranger a viable thing instead of just another dicksucking epic begging leech? if not don't cry about this bracer, cry about rangers.
Rangergate serves a valuable purpose, fret not.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 05-05-2020, 11:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you think I'm just sitting at Scout Roll position 24/7?

Old 05-05-2020, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

Well you do have LAZY in your name...
Old 05-05-2020, 11:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Well you do have LAZY in your name...
Touché

Old 05-05-2020, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zula [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you have a suggestion for how scout roll can be improved?
I do! Let me paint a picture ..

You show up to Scout sometime in advance of the spawn: you can show up a minute or an hour before, it doesn't matter. You use the command /list to indicate you want a chance at scout, and then ... you wait for Scout.

A short while later Scout spawns, and everyone on the list gets an automatic "roll": the winner now has five minutes to complete the turn-in. They and their friends kill it, and everyone else waits for next roll.

Now, we could stop right there, at what I can consider "as mechanically classic as it gets here". But what we really want is "the EQ we all remember", and no one remembers mass crowds waiting to be handed great loot for winning a raffle on live. To "get back to live", I'd suggest a tiny bit of custom tweaking to make it better: the roll goes by group size (so all full groups roll first, then if there are no full groups any groups of five roll, and so on).

Why that last bit? Because then Scout stops being a free loot train for anyone who shows up, and goes back to being how it was on live (you have to bring friends to complete the quest). With just this small change Scout could go from being incredibly unclassic to once again being the way we all remember it on live (if we even remember this quest at all).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-05-2020, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHydras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But this isn't my point - my point isn't that I "need" it to do my job, my point is that the # of people present at scout roll literally never goes down.
Feature not a bug. There is always someone to help you. You can either be patient and play the long odds or you can choose some wrists which might not be quite as good, but are more realistically attainable for you.

Again, any wrist is better than the wrist you 'could have', but don't, have.
Closed Thread