Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2023, 12:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fusion isn't real, it needs fission breeder reactors at scale to even try.

'Do this and maybe we can do that for you', lol.
There's, uh, a shitload of physicists who seem to believe otherwise. Fission is also fine, though obviously things can go very wrong.

I mean, like economic systems, if our metric is which has the smallest heap of dead bodies, nothing will hold a candle to conventional power generation.

I don't think we're building O'Neill cylinders with wind power. Solar is all well and good, but if we ever wanna set foot anywhere in the outer solar system, solar may not be as viable.

Now, zero point energy... if we could just... siphon some power from the quantum foam.... what could possibly go wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t know anything about fusion but I assure you, you know even less my good chum

There’s a Korean (smarter than you) refuting your claims in this thread. Stand down, stick to potato farming like the rest of your clan
My people are potato gobblers too. We ain't all regressive.
Old 03-16-2023, 12:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t know anything about fusion but I assure you, you know even less my good chum

There’s a Korean (smarter than you) refuting your claims in this thread. Stand down, stick to potato farming like the rest of your clan
A single fusion reactor could not now be operated with current global tritium supplies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can I get a double order of submissive and breedable tritium?
Old 03-16-2023, 12:20 AM
Banned

Fusion is a larger scale than fission.
Old 03-16-2023, 12:23 AM
Planar Protector

I suspect you don’t have a phd in physics

That being the case, I’m disinclined to listen. What was your prediction about the senate again?

*50 cent driving away gif*
Old 03-16-2023, 12:24 AM
Planar Protector

Im skeptical of fusion (in my lifetime) as well, but now that you’re saying it’s impossible, I’m quite certain we’re right around the corner.

Got any stock picks?
Old 03-16-2023, 12:24 AM
Banned

Sure. Yeah. It's a problem. We might not ever see it in our lifetimes.

People once thought it was hubris to build flying machines, though. Organ transplants were once science fiction. It's fine. God gave us brains to utilize them.

I'll settle for just seeing some people go back to the moon.
Old 03-16-2023, 12:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now, zero point energy... if we could just... siphon some power from the quantum foam.... what could possibly go wrong?
Standard Oil err I mean Exxon-Mobil will kill you, seriously.

Not a conspiracy channel, this guy tries to debunk conspiracies and then explain what can't be easily debunked, and he's often stumped. Its a good professional non-cringy format.
Old 03-16-2023, 12:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Im skeptical of fusion (in my lifetime) as well, but now that you’re saying it’s impossible, I’m quite certain we’re right around the corner.

Got any stock picks?
The point is you have to buildout fission reactors at a large scale to create enough (breeded) tritium to attempt the fusion project.

That's why I'm implying it's a trick. It would be nice to have but not needed if we did that.
Old 03-16-2023, 12:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll settle for just seeing some people go back to the moon.
What do you mean "go back"?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-16-2023, 12:33 AM
Planar Protector

Someone post the 50 cent driving away gif so I can quote it thanks!