Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 07-16-2023, 02:35 PM
Orc

Default Simple QoL fixes that would not jeopardize classic?

I know people are pretty stiff when it comes to QoL changes. I know in Diablo Remastered they did a few like auto gold pickup and some minor spell tweaks.

I am wondering what QoL changed could be made for the next reset (if there is one).

1) Shrink indoors/outdoors - Would be nice for large races even though I never play them

2) Keeping legacy items in game - Rubicate other than the BP just adds AC. I never understood why it was removed. Especially since a Fungi costs like 60k. Also gives some life to CT. Same goes for the Guise. I understand the manastone and Jboots so those can remain as is.

3) Pet hotkeys at start - Sure you can make your own but I am not sure why this was never a thing that was patched in early on.

4) Reset the way Quillmane spawns - Again, should have just stayed the way it was. It ends up with one guild just camping it.

5) Remove hell levels - I never understood this mechanic. I think this was just there to keep people paying that monthly fee. In fact, I think a lot of mechanics are in game (week long dragon spawns, super rare drops etc) just to keep people paying the monthly fee.

Feel free to critique these and add some of you own!
Old 07-16-2023, 03:37 PM
Banned

Shrink already works indoors, and shrink potions (Ant pots) work both indoors and outdoors

I believe rubi was originally removed because they wanted to implement those various class armor quests like totemic\crafted. The BP is only super valuable pre-kunark. Iksar ceremonial chestplate is only about 10k and provides much better regen if you can't afford a fungi. But yeah fungi will always be king of worn regen.

Hell levels I believe were just some kind of glitch in the way xp was calculated, they were "removed" during luclin by just distributing that extra xp over the various other levels so you never noticed, but the total amount of xp to hit 60 never changed.

I don't think the original quillmane spawn mechanics were ever documented, so the various implementations on p99 have just been an approximation by the devs to make it feel random and difficult. When I played on live in 99-01, nobody was just cranking out quillmanes like they do here. It was very much still a mystery to most people even during velious. IMO the quillmane spawn should just be treated like a raid mob with a huge variance window, many random spawn locations and FTE rules. Any version of triggering gets figured out and then SK becomes a lev cloak factory, which just feels super lame.
Last edited by Ooloo; 07-16-2023 at 03:42 PM..
Old 07-16-2023, 03:51 PM
Banned

Cazic Thule eventually gets a revamp that is pretty amazing but will never happen on p99 due to being out of era. TAKP has it if you want to check it out.

Without Rubicite dropping CT the zone becomes a ghost town sadly. Great place to hunt otherwise. Many memories here back in original game. Exotic location.

I agree I don't think the original devs should have removed this armor. Rubi pieces aren't OP in any way.

Interesting list otherwise. Cheers
Old 07-16-2023, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shrink already works indoors, and shrink potions (Ant pots) work both indoors and outdoors

I believe rubi was originally removed because they wanted to implement those various class armor quests like totemic\crafted. The BP is only super valuable pre-kunark. Iksar ceremonial chestplate is only about 10k and provides much better regen if you can't afford a fungi. But yeah fungi will always be king of worn regen.

Hell levels I believe were just some kind of glitch in the way xp was calculated, they were "removed" during luclin by just distributing that extra xp over the various other levels so you never noticed, but the total amount of xp to hit 60 never changed.

I don't think the original quillmane spawn mechanics were ever documented, so the various implementations on p99 have just been an approximation by the devs to make it feel random and difficult. When I played on live in 99-01, nobody was just cranking out quillmanes like they do here. It was very much still a mystery to most people even during velious. IMO the quillmane spawn should just be treated like a raid mob with a huge variance window, many random spawn locations and FTE rules. Any version of triggering gets figured out and then SK becomes a lev cloak factory, which just feels super lame.
I think it is best for devs to reshuffle classic 'unknown' spawn mechanics once we suss out how they work on p99. Like S Ro AC, Quillmane, stuff like that.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 07-16-2023, 04:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cazic Thule eventually gets a revamp that is pretty amazing but will never happen on p99 due to being out of era.
Yeah that revamp was awesome, and it happened not too long after luclin dropped.

One idea for "custom content" on p99 might be to implement additional zones and revamps that occurred\take place within the original content of the game. CT revamp, jaggedpine forest etc. Tinker as necessary to bring the loot in line with velious. It would be both "custom" and also familiar.
Old 07-17-2023, 09:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any version of triggering gets figured out and then SK becomes a lev cloak factory, which just feels super lame.
And a set guaranteed spawn within a variance window and FTE doesn't turn it into a lev cloak factory? Lol...
Old 07-17-2023, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And a set guaranteed spawn within a variance window and FTE doesn't turn it into a lev cloak factory? Lol...
It was this way for years and it wasn't a "lev cloak factory". Lol...
Old 07-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

how about dot damage back
Old 07-17-2023, 05:26 PM
Sarnak

DoT damage in chat log, remove pets stealing exp.
Old 07-17-2023, 11:46 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]