Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2020, 05:08 AM
Sarnak

Default Does dex affect the chance of spell procs?

Dex obviously effects the chance of weapon procs, but what about spell procs, such as vampiric embrace?

I've seen conflicting information on these forums as to whether dex has any bearing on spell-based procs or not.

Does somebody here know definitively?
Old 11-20-2020, 05:18 AM
Planar Protector

Parse 10min on bloodmaw at 100 and 255dex
Old 11-20-2020, 07:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Parse 10min on bloodmaw at 100 and 255dex
we have a whole wiki and forums to share the information and ask questions about game mechanics. So i'm asking if anybody knows this answer definitively, this response isn't helpful or informative.
Old 11-20-2020, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

How do you think all the information about game mechanics came about in the first place? He gave you a way to find out very easily and simply.
Old 11-20-2020, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

I haven't done any parsing, but I have played my SK a lot with the vampric embrace line and a proc weapon simultaneously. From my experience, vampric embrace seems to proc more often than my weapon most of the time. This leads me to believe it is either on a fixed rate, or it uses dex and has a proc modifier to make it proc more often.

Spell procs are pretty rare on this timeline, so there may not be a wiki page on them. I couldnt find one at least with a quick check. That is why people are suggesting you do your own parsing if you want to know for sure.

Googling "p99 spell proc" came up with this: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=284998 , which suggests it is a fixed rate.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 11-20-2020 at 11:18 AM..
Old 11-20-2020, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Yep, the issue with the wiki is that it's often the case not exact/correct, I have heard both and I jave no idea which is correct, testing is the way to be sure
Old 11-20-2020, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

You should be stacking dex regardless as an SK to prepare for those sweet epic procs
Old 11-20-2020, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should be stacking dex regardless as an SK to prepare for those sweet epic procs
Agreed. SKs get a LOT of nice procs, so you should be stacking DEX on an SK regardless. I try to tune my gear towards DEX as much as possible. But obviously wait until you start getting some good proc weapons. At your level there isn't really anything worthwhile, so getting STR is going to be the best pair with your Ebon Mace.
Old 11-20-2020, 02:09 PM
Fire Giant

the current consensus is that no, DEX does not affect spell procs.
i can only say that it also felt like it didn't matter when playing, but I never parsed anything.
i would be curious to find better data on this as well.
Old 11-20-2020, 02:45 PM
Sarnak

Thank you. My SK is lvl 27 so testing this particular thing isn't really something i'm setup to do. I noticed that it felt like I was getting a lot of procs even with my 70 dex, which is what made me start searching to begin with.

Also I'm very aware that many things have had to be tested. And I have made many updates to the wiki for different spells that were slightly wrong, as well as updating mob level ranges, ect. It is just supremely unhelpful for the first response to many things to be telling people to go test when, in fact, a great many things have already been tested. Sometimes you need to invent the wheel and sometimes you just need to ask other people. Anyone who has conducted research knows the first step is a lit review of what the state of knowledge is already.
Closed Thread