Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 10:43 AM
Kobold

The thing with competitive players is that they only want the highest payouts, because that min/maxes what they are doing. Nothing wrong with that and it's a valid way to play.

Lots of folks (me included) aren't worried about getting that top end stuff, so it's more about the journey. I'm going to green to get groups leveling because soloing is boring, blues economy means that alts folks make are geared up very easily and thus get to that end game faster. Now will this eventually happen with Green? Yes, but during the beginning it won't, which is when I hope to make my way through the game having fun in groups and hopefully in places that aren't the 10 zones folks normally use to level.

As far as toxic folks? LOL, this is the internet, that happens everywhere regardless. Both servers have or will have that going on and not just with folks that are competitive.

I think that all servers need an end point or they do start getting ridiculous. Yeah it'll disappoint those that have 'all the stuff' but if you have all that, didn't you complete your goals? Part of me wonders if Blue should have an end date, dragging it on just drags on it's death IMO. Adding green to it eventually? Seems silly to me as you are basically giving up on it.

Now if they want to change some things and try some experimental areas? I think it should be done on a fresh server, have 'purple' that retains those blue rules and settings but adds this new custom content if they decide to go that route. Adding it on to a server that has essentially passed it's prime? Maybe if it's for tests, but I wouldn't do that for a release version of content.

We all love different ways to play, I don't believe in poo poo-ing on someones yum-yum.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

"hopefully" doing a ton of work here
Old 10-10-2019, 11:14 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"hopefully" doing a ton of work here
Honestly with the amount of people it'll push folks out of those high ZEM areas, in some instances I'm sure it'll be slower to level in high ZEM because the amount of players to mob ratio will be terrible, whereas you could kill constantly elsewhere.

I'm optimistic that they'll be more folks than people think, especially if the release is put on more websites radar.

Either way, so long as there are folks to group with as I level up it's fine to me, it's nice for me when something drops and isn't just left to rot on the ground because you have items 10+ over what you could normally attain due to an overabundance of supply in the economy.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Enough of a certain type of player can shift the community, just like enough of a certain trade will move the market.

Individual choices don't happen in a vacuum. If they start to affect society/a server then the community is justified in taking actions to counteract it.
Closed Thread