Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2020, 10:07 PM
Planar Protector

shoutout stalking probes
Old 09-22-2020, 12:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a 50 shaman on green with max alchemy and as of right now because I just tested it, a level 1 alt using that potion lasted maybe 2 or 3 minutes. I didn't time it exactly but it's clearly truncated. It also felt significantly slow compared to a sow cast by another lvl 50 player. It definitely scales with the level of the potion clicker, but which levels I'm not sure. I have a 24 shadowknight and the same sow pots seem to last the normal amount of time and move as fast as you'd expect.

Edit: It is 1 minute.
Well, that settles that, then.
Old 09-22-2020, 03:09 AM
Planar Protector

CoM weapons are a great value when Kunark comes
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 09-22-2020, 05:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People don't tend to fator n the black hole of the EC time sink for gauging their farming potential or their loot acquisitions.
I tend to shy away from item farming (fbss, gebs, etc.) for this reason. I just don't have the patience to sit in EC tunnel all morning trying to scam people out of their elf-401(k)'s like Babittle does.

However, an easier way around this is to use the dedicated EC tunnel channel on Discord. It has a handy search option, so if you're looking to hock your item quickly you can type 'wtb fbss' and send a tell to the most recent person auc'ing that phrase to see if they want your item.
Old 09-22-2020, 09:20 AM
Fire Giant

This thread is just trying to trigger me.
Old 09-22-2020, 09:42 AM
Sarnak

I feel like SSoY is a bit overvalued right now. It's on the verge of being obsolete with Kunark just weeks away, but some folks are still trying to get upwards of 5k for it (though you can find them for ~3500 without too much effort). I suspect they'll be worth less than 1k once Kunark weapons start to become widely available in the weeks following the expansion's launch.

It's a great aggro tool in classic, but its proc doesn't save it from being trash tier once Kunark hits. If a new tank throws ~5k at someone for SSoY, they're essentially just throwing most of that plat down a well since the item will plummet in value the moment Kunark drops. Avoid and save your pennies for the (much) better Kunark goodies.
Last edited by Soothsayer; 09-22-2020 at 09:44 AM..
Old 09-22-2020, 10:13 AM
Banned

http://wiki.project1999.com/Kunzar_Ku%27juch

Is on par with SSOY and drops like hotcakes in CoM so I fully agree with above poster.
Old 09-22-2020, 10:23 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://wiki.project1999.com/Kunzar_Ku%27juch

Is on par with SSOY and drops like hotcakes in CoM so I fully agree with above poster.
No way, the threat from SSOY is too good. Even when kunark drops this will be awesome for Warriors.
Old 09-22-2020, 12:20 PM
Large Rat

Great topic!

As a 50 necro in vanilla EQ-

Great Value:
Jboots, jboots, jboots JBOOTS! - At almost any price, but definitely at 5k-6k, I am convinced this is the single greatest improvement to quality of life when playing EQ for classes that do not have move speed enhancements. Coupled with instant global cooldown reset (in outdoor zones) and the fact that it is never made obsolete with upgrades, it just might take the cake as the best value in vanilla.

Spyglass - Resetting cooldown is one of the greatest, easiest things a lot of people never do- for certain classes the difference is unbelievable. For most casters this is the best 50pp you will ever spend.

Platinum Fire Wedding Ring - At 250pp, this is one of the most "undervalued" items in the game. 55hp and 5ac for 250pp in vanilla is unparalleled. Just compare it to other HP items and you will quickly learn its value.

Gatorscale Sleeves - At 150pp for 6AC, +4 INT, +15 HP, I am frankly shocked they are so cheap considering the leggings have basically identical stats (7ac, +4wis, +15hp) cost ten times as much. Yes, I know there are not (m)any wisdom legs in vanilla, but this is a post about value.

Robe of the Oracle/Green Silken Drape - Robe of the Oracle runs 600pp-500p and gives +5 INT and +25 Mana, making it even better than the SMR (ignoring resists) if over the soft cap at a tenth the cost. Excellent value. Green Silken Drape provides +3 INT and +9 stamina (and +9 dex for you "bone knights") for 150pp or less.

Golden Jaded Bracelet - +15 HP and +15 Mana for 25pp? Yes please. Consider Embroidered Black Cape is +15 HP and +20 Mana and costs 20 times as much (yeah, yeah I know its a different slot).

Sacrificial Dagger - 5/21 dagger with +5 INT for about 75pp. An incredible value for newbies without much money.

Stein of Moggok - +10 INT , +10 HP, AND +25 Disease Resist for 200pp!??!? Mind boggling value. For reference, Glowing Black Stone is +9 INT and +10 Magic Resist and sells for 14k.

Dagger of Marnek - +3 INT and +15 Mana in a range slot for 50pp. Excellent value!

Overvalued:

***Seems to me many of the overvalued items are only expensive because of their rarity, there is a lack of good items in a particular slot, or they provide a marginal upgrade over a much cheaper item. For those reasons, they are not necessarily overvalued, they just provide dubious bang for your buck. Max level EQ in many ways is investing an extreme amount of time to upgrade items by 15%-25%.***

Golden Efreeti Boots - For about 6k these boots will provide +9 WIS and +9 INT. I suppose as a wisdom caster, intelligence provides nominal returns since it gives skill ups faster, however as an intelligence caster you are essentially paying 6k for +9 INT. Most other items provide a much better Return on Investment. Runed Cowl (different slot) for reference provides +5 WIS and +9 INT for less than 1k. However, GEBS stay good for a long time and there are very few items in the feet slot that give comparable stats.

Shining Metallic Robes - Same as above, SMRs are expensive for the stats they provide. For 4k, +9 INT is a steep return on investment, particularly with Robe of the Oracle providing almost the same stats (without contributing to the cap) for nearly a tenth of the cost. That being said, I wear both SMR and GEBS, because they look dope and seriously, what's the point of anything?

Embroidered Black Cape - 500pp or more for +15 HP and +20 Mana is on the steep side. I wear this, since there are very few good caster shoulder items, but if you're trying to save money hold off on this.

Molten Cloak - 1k for +4 INT and +4 WIS is pretty expensive. I personally wear Hooded Black Cloak that is 10AC, +5 STR and +45 HP for 1.5k. Hooded Black Cloak is a very solid item that can be worn by all classes and races.

Golden Black Sapphire Earring / Black Sapphire Electrum Earring - For 4k these provide either +25 HP and +35 MANA or +35 HP and +25 MANA. People looking to buy these are likely in BiS pre planar and upgrading what they can, so I wouldn't call these overvalued per se, just expensive.

Glowing Black Stone - +9INT and +10 Magic Resist for 15k? Certainly nice for vanilla raiders, but it's really expensive.
Old 09-22-2020, 01:25 PM
Sarnak

Thank you very much. Your post is very very valuable and appreciated for new players! Can't thank you enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Great Value:
Jboots, jboots, jboots JBOOTS! - At almost any price, but definitely at 5k-6k, I

Spyglass - Resetting cooldown is one of the greatest, easiest things a lot of people

Platinum Fire Wedding Ring - At 250pp, this is one of the most "undervalued" items in

Gatorscale Sleeves - At 150pp for 6AC, +4 INT, +15 HP, I am frankly shocked they are...
Closed Thread