Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 07-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Sarnak

Default Fear (again)

I know this bug has been reported several time but I still experience the same problem. In a nutshell, fear doesn't work. I cast it, have the message "Your ennemy looks very affraid" (or something like that) but nothing happens, the mob just bee lines towards me.
It looks like some people reported it as working properly for them although everytime I saw such a report, it was from a high level necro so I wonder if they were refering to fear or to some upgrades we got later on. I did the proper installation of the game, including the new spell files so it really puzzles me. In case it has anything to do with it, I run on Titanium.
Has anyone got any idea how to get it to work? I can't fear kite, can't kite (my snare is not powerfull enough to offset the speed boost mobs have on the server and pet tanking is the only solution I have which is ok at low level but will become a problem soon.
Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,
Nagash
Last edited by Nagash; 07-08-2010 at 01:35 PM..
Old 07-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Sarnak

I did a fresh re-installation of the game, went through the modif as per Rogean's post. This sorted my druid who couldn't previously write SoW in his spellbook so this confirms I have the correct spell file. However fear still has no effect for my necro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Any idea? Thanks.

Kind regards,

Nagash
Old 07-10-2010, 04:38 PM
Fire Giant

What are you trying to fear? Some mobs (more to do with the terrain than the mobs)have been reported as having some issues with fear.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Sarnak

At the moment I'm in Toxx any the same thing happens with every mob I try to fear, even green stuff (kobolds, spiders, scarabs, skeltons...).
Old 07-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Banned

I know that Z-axis can cause an issue with fears. When i'm floating and a mob attacks me, even though it doesn't show that it's moved up in Z-axis, it has, and the change in height makes the mob immune to fear. I generally have to wait a couple of seconds and cast it again for it to stick.

The only other issue i've seen with fear is that when a mob makes a sharp 180degree turn will attack a pet or player within range only for the first swing, then continue on it's feared way.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Fire Giant

brt
Old 07-10-2010, 05:08 PM
Sarnak

The "funny" bit is that fear acts like an aggro spell. Even if cast nothing, let my pet do all the damage to say 50% hp of the mob, as soon as I cast fear and have the message "whatever looks very affraid" the mob completely forgets my pet and bee lines on me. I haven't been able to try this in group yet (not many people in Toxx). The other strange stuff is that I've seen fear working properly yesterday (I was playing my druid and was grouped with a level 17 necro). There' sreally something odd here.

Kind regards,

Nagash
Old 07-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Fire Giant

We're gettng somewhere with this.

I watched him use his fear spell, and the mobs shot for him exactly as described. The spells were landing "soandso looks very afraid".
I couldn't find anyone else in the zone who could cast fear, so I ported him to BB.
The mobs in BB feared appropriately.
Ported back to Tox. Same issue.
It occured anywhere, whether the mob was at the same elevation or different, in any part of the zone, didn't seem to be a Z axis issue.

Can I get someone else to come test fear in Tox?
Send Anleus a tell in game. Will port you there and back.
Last edited by mmiles8; 07-10-2010 at 05:40 PM..
Old 07-11-2010, 07:17 AM
Sarnak

As anleus said, we triedin Toxx and the mobs bee line on me, tried in BB (and since then EC and WC) and it worked fine. I wonder if there would be a problem with the coding of Toxx.

However, when trying again, the thing about auto aggro stealing didn't happen all the time so it must have been a misperception of me. Please ignore this erronated part of my report, sorry about that.

Kind regards,

Nagash
Old 07-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

This is very interesting.

Did anyone else test fear in Tox yet?