Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 09:18 AM
Sarnak

Default How to report someone

After a few months playing on P99, I eventually got someone on my ignore list. However, I don't believe this is enough. I logged in today with my druid camped in the EC Tunnel, gate to WC and receive a tell from this random bloke "Fk u fag". No reason to the insult that I can think of. Tried to talk to him to understand, nothing then I eventually receive an answer along the line of "grow up or get some respect" (I got the screenshots of the whole thing). I won't name this person on the forum out of courtesy (although I'm not sure why I show some sourtesy to a dickhead like that) but I'd very much like being able to contact one of the dev/GM to provide them the screenies and let them do their do. How do I do that? Thank you.

Kind regards,
Nagash
Old 12-05-2010, 09:59 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I won't name this person on the forum out of courtesy (although I'm not sure why I show some sourtesy to a dickhead like that) but I'd very much like being able to contact one of the dev/GM to provide them the screenies and let them do their do.
What, exactly, are you expecting a GM to do? The tool to handle this is /ignore - you've used it, the problem is solved. If you want the GMs to somehow ensure the server is only played by happy clappy hippies with love for everyone and everything, you're in for a world of disappointment. There will always be arseholes in the game, and if you can't handle that, you know where the door is.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you know where the door is.
Not sure why the personnal attack (please read the stickies) but anyway, you have obviously missed my point and I'm sorry for that.

Kind regards,
Nagash
Old 12-05-2010, 10:42 AM
Kobold

Personal attack? That was advice.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:54 AM
Aviak

Right on wanting to stop this kind of behavior, but probably the GMs won't do anything. I vote for public embarrassment (see my newly created thread).
Old 12-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Sarnak

I am a bit confused by your post. Are you saying that the SAME person you put on /ignore on one character sent another of your characters a /tell, or are you saying that the person you put on /ignore on a single character was able to /tell you anyway on that character?

I had for some reason thought the /friends list was common to all your characters. I guess this is not the case?

So for situation #1 your answer is to put that fellow on /ignore list for that new character. I would aggree that being upset enough to come and post a forum topic about this incident indicates a bit more angst about this exchange than you SHOULD have.

I would reccomend in the future a shrug to yourself and typing the name onto ignore would take care of all your problems. There is a forum here for petitions and I think that would be a better place to post this kinda thing yes?
Old 12-05-2010, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe you could request that a GM put his IP address or account on ignore for you. I don't know if GM's can do that but that's really the best they can do I think. Also if the level of harassment goes really far they could probably punish him, but it would have to involve threats or something serious.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 12-05-2010, 12:53 PM
Sarnak

There's a command outside of game you can always use...

/wrists ?
Old 12-05-2010, 01:18 PM
Sarnak

Your name is familiar for some reason. Didn't we have some kind of disagreement at some point in N Ro or something?

Anyway, just ignore the tells. /ignore can only go so far, and there is no way for an entire account or IP to be ignored. By responding in the first place, you give the troll what he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gratis View Post
Or you people could quit being children and stop treating minor issues as major infractions. There are tons of petitions coming in for reasons that can actually be resolved quickly and don't culminate in a message board brawl by a bunch of adults acting like brats.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:20 PM
Large Bat

just ignore him. it was one tell. if he kept sending them then you'd have more reason to make such a big deal out of it.
Closed Thread