Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly I think that's an even better idea than forced lists.

Simple rule: you must hand off camp to a randomly selected person out of those currently waiting for it. 100% fair, favors the people that put in the work, ensures no lock-downs ... all around it seems like a win to me.
The list is already supposed to be people sitting at the camp. If you leave you should be off the list.

If you randomly hand off what would discourage people from just strolling up at the start of the window? I think it really has to just be hand off in order of who has been waiting there the longest.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 06-07-2019, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

Why dont lists work like, you keep track of whoever is next after you, if they are not online when you done, then fuck em log off who cares the camp is now FFA. You just log off when you're done. To keep track of a list, anyone who asks to join the list, send them the name of the 1 person who is going to take over after you leave. That's it.

You barely have to keep track of 1 name, leave it up to the person that wants to take over to make sure you dont forget to log off without telling them, they gotta track you, the way you're tracking the mobs spawn.

Itd be like:

New Camper1: you camping X?
Camper: yes.
New Camper1: anyone on the list?
Camper: no
New Camper1: cool, ill keep checking my /who and could u let me know when youre done?
Campre: Yep!
New Camper2 asks Campre: anyone on the list?
Camper: Yeah NewCamper1 is
NewCamper2 asks NewCamper1: Is anyone after you?
Newcamper1: no
Newcamper2: OK will you tell me when ur done?
Newcamper1:Sure!

That's it... just keep track of who was the last person you said could camp the item, if that person logs off or if you forget to tell them 6 hours after they asked you, its their problem, you dont owe them shit, but at least you could fucking TRY to remember who was the last ONE person to send you a tell?

Seems like this is an easily solved problem for a 10 year old server but I dont expect anyone to give any craps about that. Who cares.

But at least you're not keeping track of relatively anything at all unless YOU want the camp, then its up to you to be diligent, and if you're in line, be diligent with the person ahead of you and that's it.
Old 06-07-2019, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The list is already supposed to be people sitting at the camp. If you leave you should be off the list.

If you randomly hand off what would discourage people from just strolling up at the start of the window? I think it really has to just be hand off in order of who has been waiting there the longest.
I'm not against that, but the problem there is that it allows the current camper to lie about the list if they're dishonest, and even if they're honest it forces them to maintain a list.

I'm looking for the most fair system overall, while also being as simple as possible. If a lucky person (who had an equal chance as everyone else) shows up just in time to random vs. someone who was waiting, that seems like far less of a problem to me than someone having the ability to lock down a camp with their friends, or forcing everyone who does a busy camp to have to write down lists of whos next (and then get into camp fight drama when someone disagrees about list order).

"Everyone present randoms" is fair and simple and there's never any drama because it's always clear who's present.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-07-2019 at 03:00 PM..
Old 06-07-2019, 06:58 PM
Banned

Just say no to Randoming SF worst idea ever.
Old 06-07-2019, 09:37 PM
Planar Protector

People waiting at camp for spot to open is classic and promotes socialization. I'd support the idea that you need to be present at the camp to stay on the list. None of this logging to alts business.