Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-22-2013, 11:12 PM
Aviak

Default EQ just drops to login after picking server

I've tried every possible iteration of this, including running various launchers both as admin and without, with and without compatibility mode...

I got it to work once, but couldn't play at the time.

What happens is when I log in, I put in my username and password, click connect, and it takes me to a server selection. I pick p99, click login, it waits for a second, then drops me back to the username/password login screen without any errors.

This is a default Titanium installation modified only by Duxa's all-in-one tool and patched by the EQEmu patcher (which currently can't detect any servers).

I'm at my wit's end trying to figure this out.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:10 PM
Aviak

I guess that means I'm not going to be playing on p99...that sucks.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:16 PM
Planar Protector

I've had this happen before it seems very random, 1 - maybe 4 times to get it to finally go through, not sure what causes it. Try restarting your computer, worse case scenario a fresh install [yes I know time involved and it sucks!]

Otherwise be patient and wait for someone to help you figure this 1 out.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:02 AM
Aviak

Unfortunately, even a complete reinstall didn't fix it. I don't think I can play on the server on my computer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-25-2013, 12:10 AM
Banned

running everything with admin priv and try to log into Blue server if you're only trying red
Old 09-25-2013, 12:27 AM
Aviak

DAMNIT!!!!!!

It was just working and I could log in and everything! I logged out, walked away, came back, and NOW IT'S DOING IT AGAIN!

I hate this!! I just wanna play EQ!

It gives me Error 1017 after the first failure, but still takes me to server select, and then when I say play, it just drops me back to login without any error.

Edit: And now it's working, suddenly...so it works sometimes, and not others :/
Last edited by Lucia Moonglow; 09-25-2013 at 12:29 AM..
Old 09-28-2013, 11:34 AM
Aviak

I really, really hate this. Sometimes, if the client crashes, it can take me over an hour to get back into the game.

Basically, if I run eqgame.exe, it might work. If it works, it will continue working until I run it again.

I think the EQEmu Launcher is periodically breaking my installation.

Between this and me wondering why I bothered to play a non-solo class, I'm quickly considering giving up...
Old 09-28-2013, 12:12 PM
Fire Giant

Sorry, I don't think a lot of us saw this. Be assured, if you don't give up, you will get the game working. I'm just the search expert, but there are others here that actually know stuff.

Quote:
I can tell you that most of the issues I've run into with the game not starting properly stemmed from windowed mode not being set correctly in eqclient.ini. For starters, open that file in a text editor and see that you have lines that look like this:

Code:
WindowedMode=TRUE

WidthWindowed=1024
HeightWindowed=768
WindowedWidth=1024
WindowedHeight=768
If the height/width numbers are different, that's probably fine. Any resolution you want should work. I think all that matters is that both resolutions match, and that WindowedMode is set to true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I swear sometimes the EQEmuLauncher is more trouble than its worth. And I can't believe all the information regarding setting up P99 without the Launcher has been removed...

Here goes:
1) Default install of EQ: Titanium (other clients will NOT work). Copy/pasting the EQ folder from another install works just fine here. (For consistency, I'm going to assume you installed EQ to C:\Everquest so that the eqgame.exe path is C:\Everquest\eqgame.exe.)
2) Right-click on the eqgame.exe icon within your everquest folder, select Create Shortcut.
3) Right-click on the Shortcut to eqgame.exe you created in step (2). Select Properties.
4) In the Properties menu that appears, edit the target line to say "C:\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme. The quotes are only needed around the destination string if it contains spaces. Select Apply and then OK to close the properties box.
5) Open the C:\Everquest\eqhost.txt file in the text editor of your choice.
6) Delete whatever is in the eqhost.txt file and replace it with the following two lines:
[LoginServer]
Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998

7) Save and close the eqhost.txt file.
8) Download the latest eqchangesvXX.zip file from the patch notes. As of this post, we are on v28, found . http://www.project1999.org/files/eqchangesv28.zip if this post is out of date, just update "28" with the current number)
9) Extract the eqchangesvXX.zip file into the C:\Everquest directory, overwriting any files it asks for.
10) Within the C:\Everquest directory, delete the following files to allow these updated zones to function properly on P99:
arena.eqg
arena_EnvironmentEmitters.txt
lavastorm.eqg
nektulos.eqg
Nektulos_EnvironmentEmitters.txt

11) Log into the server with the account you created at EQEmulator.org.
12) Select Project1999: The Ruins of Kunark from the server list.
13) Enjoy playing on P99.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:17 PM
Fire Giant

As far as the solo class, make another account. Put a druid on it. If you die and can't get a rez, it's nice to have it on another account so you don't run your rez timer. Then, if you can't get a group log on and charm solo.

I /who a range near my level and ask for groups. If that doesn't work, I start my own.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:42 PM
Aviak

This problem literally happens when it feels like it.

I can close EQ, open it again, and the problem is there. Sometimes it only takes one restart, sometimes it takes over an hour to get back in, and nothing on my system changes!

It absolutely floors me that I've seen this problem reported numerous times and NOBODY seems to have a clue what causes it.

Edit: I literally just tried it 12 times in a row with the same result, and on the 13th attempt, it worked...no config file changed, no UI files, nothing...I really don't understand what's going on here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Lucia Moonglow; 10-01-2013 at 10:52 PM..